Request regarding OSF forum, and stickying OSF analysis

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Request regarding OSF forum, and stickying OSF analysis

Post by Connor MacLeod »

This began, as can be seen, with somene PMed me regarding some of my hobby activites regarding 40K analyiss in OSF and also wished me to bring up a further idea for discussion in the Senate. Because I am lazy and tired, I am going to post the entire PM rather than formulate an intelligent summary (I don't fele like askign if the person wnats to be known, or if it matters, so I'm just gonna play it safe. Its not like the who is relevant to this issue.)
Would you be opposed to rounding up all of your previous calc threads/analyses, and anyone else's for that matter, condensing their information into posts, and stickying the posts into a debater's reference thread? I know 'cronlord tried this a while back, but we've definitely got the data for it now, and the 40k'er population (and the frequency of its appearance) is both large, active and knowledgable enough to rate a sticky in other sci-fic, IMHO.

If this idea has merit, I'd like to propose it to the senate for any future sci-fi breakdowns: that way new debaters can simply be pointed at a "stickied" thread of accepted calcs before they post (much like the policy with the main site).
the bit about my own side hobby I dont think is neccessary for Senate discussion, so just ignore that (I'll take it up with Necronlord separately.) but the second one is what was wished to be brought forward.

I suggested that perhaps it would be "simpler" if we just create a sticky in OSF that deals generally with "other" popular sci fi, and populate it with individual posts "linking" to various analysis. For example, instead of doing a "40K only" sticky, I could just add a post to it for 40K and then edit it myself to add in my own analysis stuff, or other stuff that might pertain to 40K analysis.

I'm not sure what other universes might qualify, but we might add, for example, Dr who. I also have been contacted by someone wanting to do a Lensman analysis, so that could also be stickied up there.

I'm also not really sure what guidelines may or may not be needed for posting there. I mean, some obscure series or something that has been barely quantified here or elsewhere might not belong there....

Thoughts?

(On relfection, I admit I'm not sure this really NEEDS Senate input, but what the heck, its not like it can hurt. The worst it can do is just take up time and space :P ) and I am actually curious to hear input from others.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Not really something for the Senate. PM the OSF mods directly.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

LadyTevar wrote:Not really something for the Senate. PM the OSF mods directly.
Concurred. But don't be afraid to bring something up if you feel it warrants attention, Connor :)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Umm, there's already a thread like that in OSF. Moreover, it's not locked, you can post all your stuff there.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin