[Vote] Deputy Mod Five: Punishing the Muscle.

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Shall the muscle be punished?

Poll ended at 2007-08-25 04:16pm

Guilty -- Reset their post-counts.
25%
Not Guilty -- let 'em off.
53%
Abstain.
22%

Total votes: 36

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I was unaware that post count resets were not permanent. That fact does not change my vote in regards to this poll, but it does make me question the entire idea of using a count reset as a punishment. To me, at least, the reset only worked as a permanent measure, a lasting statement on the poster's previous body of communication. If it is merely a temporary loss of "status", to be undone yearly, then it would seem to lose its purpose.

But I digress; perhaps this should be discussed elsewhere.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Voted.

Evenm if its permanant, so what? The impression I am getting is that there is still resistancec to the concept of using the post count reset as punishment at this time, mainyl because its viewd as excessive (though others such as Coyote have other reasons.)

In any case it probably doesn't matter at this point, given the outcome.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

Hm, late as usual.

As far as I know, none of the followers in this scheme have a history of this kind of nonsense. Thus, a reset seems excessive in this case - the moderators and ourselves now have our eyes open for repeat behavior, and they know it. That should be enough.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

7 days have expired sinvce the opening of the poll and it is now, by rule, closed. With 36 members voting we have a quorom present for business. With 9 votes for and 19 votes against the measure fails. The will of the Senate has been made known: no punishment should be rendered upon those who assisted in the incident.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

and there was much rejoicing

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin