[Discussion] Wannabe Mods Incident: Punishing the Ringleader

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Discussion] Wannabe Mods Incident: Punishing the Ringleader

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

This thread is a branch-off of this thread, with the purpose of allowing a separate place to discuss additional punishments for the ringleader of the group and long-time self-appointed Deputy Mod on the board, Einy.

The reason for this thread is to separate the discussion of a collective punishment of all five from the discussion about what sort of special punishment will be handed out to the ringleader and long-time repeat offender of the group.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Well, I'm more inclined to tinker with the possibility of centure for the 'ringleader' rather than the fluffy sheepeople that commited this incident.

Atleast with Ein there is a broken but visable pattern of behavior to base this on, rather than a mass hanging.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Knife wrote:Well, I'm more inclined to tinker with the possibility of centure for the 'ringleader' rather than the fluffy sheepeople that commited this incident.
That would be my opinion as well, Einhander thought it up, has done stupid shit like this before and has absolutely no excuse for not knowing better. .

I support removal of signature and avatar for Einhander for a period to be determined. I'm not too fond of the 'not a moderator' title.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

As I said in the other thread, I'm in support of a "Not A Moderator" title. I'm ambivalent about sig/avatar revocation.
Later...
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I'm split personally because the "not a mod" title seems both too much and too little at the same time. I'm thus much more inclined to support sig/av revocation but I'll have to admit uncertainty in my decision either way.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

is there anyway we can just reduce his posting to plain text electronic format for like six months. :twisted:

yes, no smilies, no image links, no multicoloured 72 bullet point fonts.

just terminal/ascii for six months.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

A way to block pix would be sorta ironic, but I fear it can't be done. Overall, I think a sig/av strike for a few months and a "Not A Moderator" title is fine.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

He's taken full responsibility, but he's also been doing this for far to long and he knows far better than to do it.

So, let's hit him where it hurts, and give him ALL of the following:

Sig & Av privileges: Revoked for six months.
Postcount: Reset to zero.
Title: "Not a Moderator".

Everyone fine with that? Einy's been allowed to keep this up for far to long, and it's time to throw the book at him so he learns a lesson he never forgets.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Workable.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Sig & Av privileges: Revoked for six months.
Postcount: Reset to zero.
Title: "Not a Moderator".
That seems enough punishment for me. Einy is apologizing for his actions, and is truly contrite.

EDIT: After some consideration, I would like to suggest that the Title remain only for the 6 month period as well.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Yosemite Bear

I'll second tevar's modifications

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

I offer a counter-proposal. In the earlier discussion thread it was suggested to give out the title for a year and re-evaluate it. I suggest we just give out the title for a year and then automatically drop it as a compromise between six months and indefinite.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Duchess? Are you saying JUST title him, no post reset or privledges revoked?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

LadyTevar wrote:Duchess? Are you saying JUST title him, no post reset or privledges revoked?
No. I was just talking about your proposed modification to the length that he'd have the title.

Sort of like discussing a portion of a bill on a subcommittee. Once we'd hammered that out I'd repost the whole newly modified measure, with the other parts unchanged.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Thank you for the clarification. :)

The Yosemite Bear

Stupid Vigilante.....

just a suggestion....

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

So, does everyone support the following punishment for Einy, the Ringleader?

Sig & Av privileges revoked for six months.
Post-count reset.
Titled "Not a Moderator" for one year.

The Yosemite Bear

sure, however I would like something other than "Not a Moderator" for his title....

something that would be more to what he's done, hell given his vulturing and his tendancy to post format breaking pics and 72 point text, he's almost as bad of a spambot as Death/Clairice in his own way.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Very well then, in response to the proposal of the honourable Senator from Yosemite, does anyone have suggestions for a different title, or should Not a Moderator remain?

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

*sigh* here I am when I should know better, I should really be less stupid...

Custom Title (fine) I dont know the exact title yet, that can delay.

Sig and Avatar prieveleges? Fine.

Durations for both? fine.

I'm debating the post-reset.. On one hand, I think its punishment past due. On the other, I am also not sure it warrants quite *THAT* much penalty - at least not something that permanant. Making it a contingency punishment if he fails to behave in the six month/year period he is being punished for, perhaps. (And to be honest, this IS Ein. He's shown little self control when it comes to curbing these kinds of actions, which is entirely what has brought him to this. If he cannot learn to control himself in the duration of punihsment, he'll simply have brought it upon himself.)

In short, I'd like the punishment not merely to just be to "punish" him, it should encourage a greater measure of self-restraint on his part (or others) which is why I suggest the contingency bit.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

We can levy more serious punishment, however, as he will learn from this. "Not a Moderator" can be changed to "Retarded Spambot" indefinitely, and we can remove his sig & av priveleges for good, reset his postcount a second time, and then if none of that works, move on to temp bans.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Not a Moderator is enough as a CT.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

LadyTevar wrote:Not a Moderator is enough as a CT.
I completely concur with that sentiment.

The Yosemite Bear

ok I concede

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Alright then. Since the title objections seem to be taken care of, I move that we go ahead and start Einy's punishment poll.