[Discussion] My Sherman Statement.

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Discussion] My Sherman Statement.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

I will not run for a position in the Senate, and if elected, I will refuse to serve.

I will not seek a position on the staff of this message board, and if selected for one, I will refuse to serve.

Are we clear now?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

... okay. This seems a bit overdramatic: I only know of one person who seemed to think that you wanted a position in the Senate; to the best of my knoweldge, nobody else was reading as much into your waves about a Proconsul position.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Surlethe wrote:... okay. This seems a bit overdramatic: I only know of one person who seemed to think that you wanted a position in the Senate; to the best of my knoweldge, nobody else was reading as much into your waves about a Proconsul position.
I am simply not going to brook further speculation on the matter. I don't want cliques forming around supporting or opposing me. I am simply functioning in my capacities as a Senator and an elder on this board, acting as I see is best for the overall harmonious function of this community, and desire nothing more--or less. Less to me includes cluttering up Senate threads with needless speculation and remarks.

So here is my Sherman Statement, it stands and will not be retracted, and hopefully it should freshen the air, which grew a bit stifling in a few threads recently.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Well hopefully that will finish off the rather odd tangent that the most recent few threads have gone into. Marina I do sympathize and now maybe we can just get back to making this whole place work just a bit better.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven