[Title Discussion] Uraniun235

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

phongn
Rebel Leader

[Title Discussion] Uraniun235

Post by phongn »

The President of Testing needs a custom title and he's apparently more interested in decadently wallowing in his powers over Testing than actually making a poll. Thus, because I feel like abusing my powers, I propose that we give him the title "President of Testingstan," not in the least because the rest of the Testing Crew doesn't really like the name "Testingstan"

Thoughts?
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Since any "stan" is by definition a Shitcanistan, I propose the CT of "President of the Shitcanistanis".
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I like Testingstan.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Yeah, Testingstan
:D
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

I think as long as they don't like it, it's a good plan.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

I want something even more offensive, though.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:I want something even more offensive, though.
Well, we want to have a bit of fun with them but not really cross the line. For example, it'd be possible to assign Uraniun235 an offensive avatar, like a picture of someone with Down Syndrome. But remember that he hasn't actually done anything apart from being President of Testingstan and the lameness associated with that. We're not punishing him.
--The Lord Humungus
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

But isn't it rational to call Testingstan a Shitcanistan? And therefore we could reasonably at least call him "President of a Shitcanistan."

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Nope.

Testingstan works fine. This isn't a PUNISHMENT afterall, we don't need to be swearing in his CT for the sake of it.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I do not see why this is an issue for the Senate, given that the position of the President of Testing is not officially recognized. If he wants a title, let him do it the usual way- ask an admin to change it.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Since when are we in the business of giving people stupid or offensive titles when they haven't done anything wrong?
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Since a week from now if we pass the measure and an admin carries it out. :D

Mind you, we're not in the business of actually doing anything. We make suggestions as a group based on a set of rules for the admins to look at and either carry out said suggestions or flip us off.
:D
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Spyder wrote:Since a week from now if we pass the measure and an admin carries it out. :D

Mind you, we're not in the business of actually doing anything. We make suggestions as a group based on a set of rules for the admins to look at and either carry out said suggestions or flip us off.
Funny, I thought the place for silly and meaningless discussions and polls was testing, not the senate. Wasn't there a big deal a little while ago concerning improper usage of the senate for non-senate related activities?

Seriously, last I checked, this place was supposed to be a place where policy was discussed, troublemakers were brought to the attention of the staff, and occasionally where we increase our salaries. Since the user in question does not want this custom title, and this isn't a freaking punishment, I move that this discussion be closed....

AND MOVED TO TESTING WHERE IT BELONGS. :P
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Phong, why do you bother us with trivia like this?
Marina, what did Uranium do to you, that you're pissy?

Get this out of the Senate, it's a waste of time.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

I like the title "President of Testingstan," but Uraniun doesn't, so I don't see any reason to give him a title he doesn't want.

On the other hand, we could always give him the "President of Testing" title, then rename the testing forum to "Testingstan" and then update his title to be accurate. That should make everyone happy. (Sort of.)
Later...
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I like the idea. Let's compromise with him to show that we are a kind-hearted, generous upper class and give him "President of Testing". And then rename Testing Testingstan.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

LadyTevar wrote:Phong, why do you bother us with trivia like this?
Marina, what did Uranium do to you, that you're pissy?

Get this out of the Senate, it's a waste of time.
I assumed that Uranium had put Phong up to this.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

I'll note that using the Senate for humour purposes is actually expressly encouraged in the rules.

Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Hotfoot wrote:Since when are we in the business of giving people stupid or offensive titles when they haven't done anything wrong?
"Haven't done anything wrong" isn't really true in this case, as he had been declared president of Testingstan, this constituting a separatist assault on the authority of the Senate.

I also don't see what's so objectionable about the Senate having a bit of fun. It's not like Senate resolutions constitute actual policy and he's going to be branded forever.
--The Lord Humungus
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Hotfoot wrote:Since when are we in the business of giving people stupid or offensive titles when they haven't done anything wrong?
"Haven't done anything wrong" isn't really true in this case, as he had been declared president of Testingstan, this constituting a separatist assault on the authority of the Senate.

I also don't see what's so objectionable about the Senate having a bit of fun. It's not like Senate resolutions constitute actual policy and he's going to be branded forever.
I have no objection to the Senate having fun, I object to the Senate encouraging the Testing crowd by recognizing this "President" business. What happens in Testing, STAYS in Testing.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I like "President of Testingstan" and we can refer to his denizens as "Testees". If Testinstan truly aspires to statehood, there are other names that flow easier: Asscrackistan, Trashcanistan, and even "Glorious Nation, Kazakhstan".
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Presiding over what amounts to a pit of spam does not make one worthy of a custom title.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people's requests for CTs are not up to the Senate anyway. He chooses one he wants, he submits his request to an admin, and the admin either say yes or no. If it's an iffy case, the admin would probably ask other staff if it should be granted or not.

If this isn't a punishment, and it isn't April Fool's, I don't really understand why this thread is here.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I move we lock this thread as useless waste of our time and move on.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

LadyTevar wrote:I move we lock this thread as useless waste of our time and move on.
Seconded. The motion carries.
--The Lord Humungus