[Extremely urgent] Extra Rules violation.

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Extremely urgent] Extra Rules violation.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

In this thread, JLTucker made a comment which is a felony offense under US Federal law--and could have serious repercussions for Mike as the owner of the board, and possibly on every single poster on the board. I'm asking the moderation take immediate and appropriate action to show that we will not tolerate this sort of violation of federal law and that it in no way represents the beliefs or opinions of anyone on the board except for this retard.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Since I don't think anyone would like the Secret Service getting involved, the comment in violation of law has been edited out.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

SirNitram wrote:Since I don't think anyone would like the Secret Service getting involved, the comment in violation of law has been edited out.
Thank you kindly. I tend to like not being strip-searched at the airport.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

I agree with the action.

A question though:

I can understand "I am going to perform y on x" would be illegal as it's obviously an explicit threat. My question is, is the statement "If y was to happen to x, I would feel pretty good about it" illegal?

x being a person of some political significance
y being some negative action of varying intensity

Not that I'm advocating testing the consequences of said statements, I recognise that I'm probably analysing the statement further then an SS agent would.
:D
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Spyder wrote:Not that I'm advocating testing the consequences of said statements, I recognise that I'm probably analysing the statement further then an SS agent would.
I suppose we should take it on a case-by-case basis?
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

It's not illegal as such, but men in black suits wearing black sunglasses will show up at your door in black armoured SUVs and tell you in a manner which will make you literally piss yourself that if you do anything like that again, let alone move to direct threats, you are going to regret it for eternity. If you're a foreigner, you will not be allowed into the United States if you're on a list of people who've made comments like that--they'll detain you at customs, give you a Come to Jesus visit just like that described above, and send you right back to whence you came. The best thing to say is that it's highly stupid.

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:It's not illegal as such, but men in black suits wearing black sunglasses will show up at your door in black armoured SUVs and tell you in a manner which will make you literally piss yourself that if you do anything like that again, let alone move to direct threats, you are going to regret it for eternity. If you're a foreigner, you will not be allowed into the United States if you're on a list of people who've made comments like that--they'll detain you at customs, give you a Come to Jesus visit just like that described above, and send you right back to whence you came. The best thing to say is that it's highly stupid.
Ah, good. Consider me in perfect agreement.
:D