No punishment
9%
Abstain
9%

Total votes: 46

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Patrick Degan wrote:I would say let him have his avatar back after the usual term of punishment but double the time that he loses his sig privileges in this case.
That's certainly a very reasonable way to go about it.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

The fact that no one's complained about it or asked him to change it indicates that it hasn't caused a problem in the past. If necessary a mod can remind Superman of the sig image limits once his sig and av are turned back on.

We have our pound of flesh, let's leave it at that.
:D
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Well, if the suggestion of the honourable Senator from Nouvelle-Orléans is adopted, Superman would be without an avatar for six months and without a sig for a year. I do not think that terribly unreasonable. At least some sentiment here was for much more severe punishment.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Voted.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Voted
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Why is WTPF the only title choice?

Edit: and if someone is wondering why I ask, I notice that some of the people who opt for NOT voting WTPF do think a punishment is justified, but seem to choose "removal of sig/avatar priveleges" because that's the only possible punishment. Parrticularily since several people did advocate a custom title.
The discussion thread moved pretty quickly. It was only active for about 6 hours, and the voting thread went up in less than 12 hours from the start of the discussion thread. There wasn't really any time for options to be suggested.

We should have an "Other Punishment" (or similar wording) option in threads like these, especially when the discussion thread has been so short.

As for the vote:
Superman wrote:This was mean as hell, but it was pretty damn funny.
I'm not sure if Superman would be considered an accomplice in a court of law, so I wasn't certain if Superman would deserve punishment for his actions. But apparently it's funny if someone gets a punishment even if they don't deserve it, so it's rather clear that it's in our best comedic interests to punish him.

Sig and avatar removal (as well as removal of his current CT). Six months minimum, restoration being "whenever we feel like it after that."
Later...
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

For what it's worth, I've noted that Supes has altered his sig image to suit size reqs.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Coyote wrote:For what it's worth, I've noted that Supes has altered his sig image to suit size reqs.
Which is about time, but it's also very clearly an attempt to evade further punishment on his part that wouldn't have happened without this discussion.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

I'll note that I think we should have a formal amendment to the rules, for the record, so that in the future, two votes are held, one to agree if the person should be punished or not, and the other one to settle on a specific punishment. I also think that bannings should be separated from other punishments with their own distinct votes, since they're a different class of vote before the senate (A instead of B) and require different majorities.

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Coyote wrote:For what it's worth, I've noted that Supes has altered his sig image to suit size reqs.
Which is about time, but it's also very clearly an attempt to evade further punishment on his part that wouldn't have happened without this discussion.
And would have happened had a mod asked him to change it as mentioned in the rule. Superman saw there was a problem and corrected it himself bringing him into total complicity.

I support the temp removal of sig and av privileges as per the original charge presented in the OP and as decided by this quorum but I will not support any additional actions for charges brought forth from something which has generated zero complaints, even from mods and has since been rectified by the poster in question. The proposed additional actions are vindictive and serve no purpose for the good of the board and its members.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Will you support Mad's suggestion of six months as the minimum with his privilages being restored at moderator discretion either after the period has expired, or sometime after that?

My goal here is to simply seek a generalized consensus.

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

No. I think we should look at how long mods have typically revoked these privileges in the past and use that as a guideline for making a recommendation, taking into account Superman's posting history. Otherwise we should put it to mod discretion with no required minimum.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Spyder wrote:No. I think we should look at how long mods have typically revoked these privileges in the past and use that as a guideline for making a recommendation, taking into account Superman's posting history. Otherwise we should put it to mod discretion with no required minimum.
The original thread stated it would be for six months, and I assumed that everyone voting in support of the measure would be aware of that.

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Really?
You wrote:With the motion proposed and seconded I'd ask that, per regulations requiring a Governor to bring forward and post any Vote thread, that any Governor who also agrees with the terms of the motion create a vote thread containing options to either title Superman as a Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker, or revoke his avatar and sig privilages for two months, or else be declared innocent, with a provision also for abstentions.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Well, shit, I guess my memory is about as good as Senator Byrd's.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

I did put this thing together in a damned hurry, mostly because I didn't want the little rat-bastard to get off without suffering some kind of censure for boasting about helping his friend abuse the shit out of someone just for being different than they are. It fundamentally goes against all the beliefs of this board, but I had a gut feeling it was going to slide unless it was pushed hard.

I don't really see any need for further punishment, unlike those who've argued for an outright banning, and though I voted for a title I didn't actually even see the point in a combined punishment. Pretty much my only intention has been to make sure that Superman is informed that his behaviour is not appropriate for this board.

All the debate over the details of the sentence, IMO, is just more evidence that we need to separate the guilt and punishment phases of voting in future trials, which is certainly my reform theme here, but which I think is quite warranted.

Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

I'm open to discussion about policy. It's probably about time we reviewed the scope of senate responsibility. We can look at that in another thread.

As for this one, I'm not going to defend Superman's character. He showed extremely poor judgment and has likely lost, deservedly so, the respect of a lot of people here. He's going to have to work pretty hard to regain that, if indeed he ever can.

But his character's not why we're here. We're here about his actions on the board and I think the senate has made an appropriate response.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

7 days have now passed and the poll should be considered closed. At this time there are 45 votes recorded so we have a quorum. With 26 voting out of 41 cast the measure to revoke sig/avatar priveledges passes. If the appropriate mod/admin would take action on this the matter will be closed.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Ozymandias
Lex Imperatos

Post by Ozymandias »

Done
Look upon my works and despair