[Vote] Punishment for Trekdestroyer

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

What should be done about GiantSigBoy?

Poll ended at 2006-02-09 07:14pm

Nothing. It was a simple mistake
No votes
Remove his sig privileges. He should have known better.
24%
Temp-ban. He annoys the shit out of me.
69%
Permanent ban. I honestly hate him that much.
7%

Total votes: 29

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I voted for removal of sig, but then I read on and saw that he in fact had been warned before, and so I’d fully support a ban
Durandal wrote:I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for a perma-ban. Where is your hate people?!
Being channeled into force lighting, to jump start my car.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Permanant ban. He will will never grow up and he will never change. Let's get rid of him before the next round of this.
JADAFETWA
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I voted sig privileges being rescinded permanently. A temp-ban could also work, but we shall see.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Temp ban. If this is indeed his second offense, time off for bad behavior is a good punishment. Removal of his sig is also a good idea.

If and when a third incident happens, the ban hammer should be quick and ruthless.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Temp ban + permanent removal of signature.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Instead of a permanent removal of his sig, why not a 12 month removal and see if that gets him to see the picture?
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Alyeska wrote:Instead of a permanent removal of his sig, why not a 12 month removal and see if that gets him to see the picture?
Why? He didn’t get the message the first time, and a picture that big is clearly obnoxious to anyone, there is no reason to be lenient.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Why? He didn’t get the message the first time, and a picture that big is clearly obnoxious to anyone, there is no reason to be lenient.
At his age, a year is a long time. He should be around 18 by that time. If he hasn't learned by then, more severe punishment would be administered.

On the other hand, I'm more in favor of an "until further notice" time period, myself. If he shows enough maturity and productivity consistently, after a period of time, then the Senate can vote to restore his sig privileges.
Later...
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Instead of a permanent removal of his sig, why not a 12 month removal and see if that gets him to see the picture?
Why? He didn’t get the message the first time, and a picture that big is clearly obnoxious to anyone, there is no reason to be lenient.
Permanent punishments upon people who have a possibility of learning is inapropriate. 12 months is a sufficently long time to determine if Trekdestroyer might potentialy learn.

I say Sig removal for 12 months and parole contigent on Senate Approval.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Alyeska wrote:Permanent punishments upon people who have a possibility of learning is inapropriate. 12 months is a sufficently long time to determine if Trekdestroyer might potentialy learn.

I say Sig removal for 12 months and parole contigent on Senate Approval.
It is within the power of this august body to consider changes in punishment after the fact. However, I would caution against this action being done lightly, as a temporary 'quiet period' has been a hallmark of far too many trolls.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

True. On the other hand, a year is a LONG time. Either he's goign to hold a grudge against us, reform and possibly become somewhat useful as a member, or move on elsewhere.

Perhaps, if he really wishes to come back after a year, we can require him to demonstrate he's changed. If at the end of the year he's not changed or demonstrated that he has, it can be a permanant ban.
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Sorry for neglecting this thread; I've been very busy and haven't had much time for the board in the last few days. The vote is overwhelmingly for a temp-ban, and so Trekdestroyer has now been temp-banned. I'm not sure exactly what duration of temp-ban would be appropriate here, so I guess we'll see if anyone has any input on that subject.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well him, ein and spanky seem to be the worst continual offenders in terms of abuse of graphics......

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:well him, ein and spanky seem to be the worst continual offenders in terms of abuse of graphics......
But Ein and Spanky don't do that in their sigs.

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

true, I forgot who had that sig pick the first year that we were up, that kept trashing my connection (I was dail up until about a year or two ago)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

AdmiralKanos wrote:Sorry for neglecting this thread; I've been very busy and haven't had much time for the board in the last few days. The vote is overwhelmingly for a temp-ban, and so Trekdestroyer has now been temp-banned. I'm not sure exactly what duration of temp-ban would be appropriate here, so I guess we'll see if anyone has any input on that subject.
I say a week would be good, maybe 2.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

AdmiralKanos wrote:Sorry for neglecting this thread; I've been very busy and haven't had much time for the board in the last few days. The vote is overwhelmingly for a temp-ban, and so Trekdestroyer has now been temp-banned. I'm not sure exactly what duration of temp-ban would be appropriate here, so I guess we'll see if anyone has any input on that subject.
I prefer "until we god damn feel like revoking it" :evil:
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

AdmiralKanos wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:well him, ein and spanky seem to be the worst continual offenders in terms of abuse of graphics......
But Ein and Spanky don't do that in their sigs.
Which only slightly mitigates the offense, I think.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

:?: Spanky? Einhander yeah, he does that a bit much (take notice buddy) but what Spanky does, at worst, is a few amusing emoticons every so often.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

UPDATE: Trekdestroyer just E-mailed me to ask when his temp-ban would be over, so I unbanned him.

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Temp-ban and permanent revocation of sig privileges.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Umm, your about three months late here Degan.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Umm, your about three months late here Degan.
It's never too late to punish Trekdestroyer.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues