60%
Other - make a suggestion in the thread
No votes

Total votes: 20

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

[VOTED] Title for DEATH

Post by Rob Wilson »

So he's escaped banning because it was felt he get a warning in the form of a Title first (Despite ignoring 4 warnings from Mods).

So lets get the Title sorted.

These are :

On Probation - basically to let him know how short a leash he's on.

Village Idiot - Someone that ignores 4 warnings from Mods is hardly an Einstein of the Internet.

Retarded Spambot - He's guilty of Spamming and acting stupid, so let the title reflect it.

Other - You get to make a suggestion in a post here. When the poll closes, and if Other is the winning choice, I'll put all the suggestions in the Closing Post and Mike will choose his favourite.

The Poll will stay open until one option gets 12 votes or 2 days have passed, whichever happens first.

In this case I feel it prudent to warn DEATH that this is his last chance, should he be found to have continued to Spam it won't go to a vote, Mike will decide whether or not to Ban him!

So get voting people.
Last edited by Rob Wilson on 2006-01-05 01:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Couple thoughts:

His behavior certainly has been far and away foolish so I'm going with VI for now. I'd also like to propose that his post count be readjusted downwards to punish him for spamming, the means for doing so I'm uncertain on but I'll leave the motion on the floor.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Couple thoughts:

His behavior certinaly has been far and away foolish so I'm going with VI for now. I'd also like to propose that his post count be readjusted downwards to punish him for spamming, the means for doing so I'm uncertain on but I'll leave the motion on the floor.
The admins can enact such a punishment.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

He doesn't really debate enought for me to think VI is deserved, he does more pusseyfooting, running away, and spamming then actual debating. And "On Probation" seems redundant, recieving a title is being on probation and thus serves as reminder in and of itself. And I'm of the belief that custom offensive titles should only really go to true offensive individuals. So I'm going with Spambot. I also second resetting his postcount
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

I'll third the notion of resetting his post-count. As for the title, anyone capable of reading should be able to see that, as he's been up for banning and titling, that he's got almost enough rope to be hung with . . . so "On Probation" is pretty redundant. In these cases, I'm usually one of the first to say "such-and-such an idiot is entirely non-notable, why give such-and-such a special title beyond VI?" Except he's not really the sort to engage in debates.

So, "Retarded Spambot" is my vote.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

I voted for "Retarded Spambot" and I very much hope that a postcount resync and possibly additional punishment is added.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I say Village Idiot because hes too minor an annoyance to warrent a real custom title
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Option 3. I would also suggest that he be given a definate time limit to improve himself, he has been warned quite enough.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Village Idiot and a resynch.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

On Probation.

Why? Because he is. Redundant? Isn't that what spamming is all about?

Some fucktards would see "Spambot" as some sort of anti-award, an ass-backward achievement. He's nothing special - make the title as bland as possible.

You are all, of course, free to disagree with me. As it seems most of you do.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Village Idiot. More than enough morons have dealt with the title, so he's in good company. Though, historically, it is recoverable. A few have held the title and then improved their behavor enough to have it removed.

I'm also on board the recalculated post count idea.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Kuroneko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kuroneko »

My initial reaction was a Village Idiot, but according to the announcement section of this board, the title of Village Idiot is used for particularly bad debators. As far as this senator is aware of, DEATH has not engaged in much debating at all. The spambot title might be taken as perversely complimentary (there is, after all, a 'Lord of Spam' already), as Broomstick notes. Hence, option 1.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Yeah, he doesn't debate much. A me-tooer, a spammer, perpetual newbie, and all the other things everyone else mentioned, but that's not enough for a VI title.

I'd say "spambot" or something along those veins. Whether its "retarded" or not or osmething else I leave up to others (depending on how patient or nice they are.)

And if you're reading this DEATH, I suggest you take the hint seriously this time and either shape up or leave now. We've never had much tolerance for foolishness, and it probably won't change in the foreseeable future.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

"Retarded Spambot" or equivalent with a post-count resync.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Put me down for retarded spambot. This little douche has been spamming the holy hell out of the Justice League forum with fucking pictures and then goes and created a consolidated thread for those picture threads he considers 'less vsisited'.

I'm feeling for my ban hammer but I must resist the urge. Title him.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Poll is now closed, as we have 12 votes in one option.

1. = 3
2. = 5
3. = 12
4. = 0

So the winner is Retarded Spambot.

A note for the Admins, it was repeatedly suggested that DEATH's post count be reset to 0, so you may wish to consider that as well.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

The judgment of the Senate shall be carried out immediately.

I have also decided to resync the postcount.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.