[Discussion] Schuyler Colfax (Responses)

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Re: [Discussion] Schuyler Colfax (Responses)

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

Well since I don't have choice in that matter, I'll respond to you Chardok.

Seeings how I was being encouraged during the 'fake suicide' thing, I was more than 90% sure everyone got it was a joke, yes a joke in made in bad taste, but a joke none the less. We've all crossed the line some way or another so don't put me out there alone. It was 4 in the morning, I hadn't slept for a day and was bored as hell, clearly I wasn't in a good mindset. I'm not saying to justify my actions, I'm saying it to tell you why I did that.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Fuck him. Cut out his nipples and fuck him in the gaping blood-gushing wounds that were once his titties. I don't care.
What's the matter with you?

Enigma, using you as an example wasn't anything personal, you were just the most recent example.

Please, please, please, stop with the 'attention whore' thing. How many times do I have to say it, I do not want your attention. This, this thread right here do you think I wanted this? Do you honestly think I wanted this.

Let's just get the poll over with Wilkens.
Get some
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

As always, If you didn't actually want attention. You would just stop posting. I thought that was what you just promised to do?

Plus, read the senate thread, each and every PM and post you make have just left you in a worse position with them. With people going from thinking you're harmless to saying yes we should think about banning him.

So really, you shutting up would be in your best interest. Alas I fear the damage is already done.
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Crazedwraith wrote:As always, If you didn't actually want attention. You would just stop posting. I thought that was what you just promised to do?
Hey it's either let them slur my name or make an attempt to salvage it. How is saying 'I'm not what you think I am' calling for attention? The attention is already on me, though I wish it weren't.
Last edited by Schuyler Colfax on 2009-05-31 06:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get some
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Please. when I first got here, do you know how many times I was called an annoying, spammy little fucktard who contributed nothing to the board? You ignore it and move on - you'll find memories here are remarkably short. Shape up, or at least attempt to, and you'll regain your footing quickly. But there I go again, letting you troll me. Man, you're good at this.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:As always, If you didn't actually want attention. You would just stop posting. I thought that was what you just promised to do?
Hey it's either let them slur my name or make an attempt to salvage it. How is saying 'I'm not what you think I am' calling for attention? The attention is already on me, though I wish it weren't.
What name? You've managed to completely shit all over any good will people were willing to grant you and by now the only people willign to defend you are people that have no direct experience with you doing so out of habit, not because they like you or think you're the underdog getting picked on, but because they're to ignorant to know better. Seriously, Colefail, just shut the hell up. Every time you set fingers to keyboard you piss even more people off and burn up a little bit more of the dwindling supply of good will you have left here.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
Protip: If you don't want the attention on you, SHUT UP.

It's what everyone's been telling you for the past... fuck, I've lost count. I gave up trying to tell you that months ago, and I thought I was patient.

Seriously, shut the fuck up. Drop out of sight for a month or three. Don't try to defend yourself, don't try to 'clear your name', it won't work. The only thing that will work is just shutting the hell up and letting this pass over, and when you finally do come back, stop being a complete dipshit. It works, people have done it here before. Enigma did it and related his experience. Alyrium's done it as well, and he actually got banned before.

But of course that's not what you're going to do, because you have no interest in clearing your name or anything of that sort. Every post you make here is a lie, trying to cover up the fact that you're a pathetic little troll who gets off on this attention. Please, prove me wrong, you'll make everyone here happy when you do.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Chardok wrote:Please. when I first got here, do you know how many times I was called an annoying, spammy little fucktard who contributed nothing to the board? You ignore it and move on - you'll find memories here are remarkably short. Shape up, or at least attempt to, and you'll regain your footing quickly. But there I go again, letting you troll me. Man, you're good at this.
I'm glad someone else noticed this. I've been unwilling to mention it to avoid accusations of bias.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

SC wrote:Look I'm just waiting for tomorrow, at this point if I were to type up anything in my defense wouldn't help. I could take some time to think and maybe do something tomorrow, but that's about it.
Honestly, this is possibly the most mature thing he's said since I joined the board last year. Yes, he's posted replies to the thread since he said he wouldn't, but I can understand why he did. I don't know squat about the chat posts, so I'm totally in the dark there.

Just in this thread, hell he's typing in complete, properly structured sentences of one idea. 8) Maybe he's slowly learning that this board has a higher degree of cogitation by the posters, even in Testing, than the average site. I say keep him on and see if he puts more thought into his future posts. Hell, posting here has improved my critical thinking and I still have a ways to go...and I'm a lot older than SC.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Tiriol
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tiriol »

Count Chocula wrote:Just in this thread, hell he's typing in complete, properly structured sentences of one idea. 8) Maybe he's slowly learning that this board has a higher degree of cogitation by the posters, even in Testing, than the average site. I say keep him on and see if he puts more thought into his future posts. Hell, posting here has improved my critical thinking and I still have a ways to go...and I'm a lot older than SC.
As has been said in the Senate discussion about Colfax, his grammar and sentence coherence have improved - nothing else. Apparently the value of his posts have stayed the same or even detoriated, even if he has improved his typing skills.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti; beatae Mariae semper Virgini; beato Michaeli Archangelo; sanctis Apostolis, omnibus sanctis... Tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Kyrie Eleison!

The Imperial Senate (defunct) * Knights Astrum Clades * The Mess
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

If SC was supposedly going to stop posting here for a few months, then what's the deal with the E3 thread in GnC? The little cunt can't even stop himself for a few days.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

This is an honest question to Colefax, it is not a dig nor am I jumping on the bandwagon. I'm genuinely curious.

Colefax, do you actually read what you type before you click submit? In this thread and on the Senate thread I've seen many people offer you help and advise and you throw it back in their face every time. Even the reply post you had to go away and think about displayed no depth of rational thought. Would you help a person if before you even started you knew your efforts will be thanked with ungrateful belligerence from the gobshite you helped.

Hav was the best friend here you ever had, his patience and yes fucking time, with you made me think twice about jumping on the dogpiles in testing, especially in the now deleted thread I started in testing asking you be renamed Elite Pwnage. Your behaviour in this thread and in the senate thread is a slap in the face for everything he and others tried to do for you. You don't have any right to be on this board and I am having a hard time seeing why people even now are being so soft on you.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Flagg wrote:If SC was supposedly going to stop posting here for a few months, then what's the deal with the E3 thread in GnC? The little cunt can't even stop himself for a few days.
That would have been after my fate were decided. If this is my last day on the board, then I want to enjoy it. Is that a bad thing?
Get some
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Do you not see the problem with what you just said? Do you really need this place so fucking much that your "last day" is like the end of the world? That's a warning of sorts.
Best care anywhere.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
Flagg wrote:If SC was supposedly going to stop posting here for a few months, then what's the deal with the E3 thread in GnC? The little cunt can't even stop himself for a few days.
That would have been after my fate were decided. If this is my last day on the board, then I want to enjoy it. Is that a bad thing?
You really are an un-fucking-believable lost cause. Didn't it occur to you that if you had done what you said you were going to do in the first place this might not potentially BE your last day on the forum? Wait, I'm talking to a retard, of course it didn't.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
Why? Is the board that important?
SC, that's unhealthy. When I realized that I cared that much about a message board and a newsgroup, I stopped posting.

Not for a month, not even for six months, but for three years. I cam back an older, I think wiser, person. In that time, I was able to move from being barely able to finish classes in a community college, to holding down a full-time job, while being able to go back to school.

Even worse than the very real addiction I had been showing - while I rarely posted, I checked the board compulsively - I had actually regressed, socially, because I had begun to define myself based on the internet.

At the time, my reaction to a ban poll would have been very much the same as your reaction here, and frankly, the emotional results would have been pretty bad.

OK, story time is over. Here is my advice:
  • 1. Stop posting, not after the poll, but now.
    2. Don't even visit the board for a while, at least long enough to develop an identity on your own, without the board.
    3. Get involved with something in real life. This could be anything from joining a bridge club to getting a job, but it should be something outside of academics at school, and something at least slightly outside your comfort zone.
    4. When the time is right, and it probably won't be for a long while, come back. If you were in fact banned, send an email to Mike, requesting a reconsideration. I know that has been done before.
    4a. As a sub point to the above, if you have been banned, and that bothers you, it is still too soon to come back.
Also, about posting, my general rule now is to compose a post in a text editor, save it, do something else, and only post it if it seems important a few minutes later.

There are obviously some exceptions to the above rule, but not many. EDIT: As you can see, at least in my case, that rule doesn't let me eliminate typos.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

just to add to what Jason said, if you seem unable to leave the board alone, take out you modem cable and give it to someone you trust and say to them in no uncertain terms "give this back to me only after (insert time here)". I'll admit this is a rather radical thing to do but it's still better then keep up with the addiction.

personally I stop doing something for a while if I seems I'm getting too attached to it (not for years though but still).

and as said you need to go outside and fo stuff with people outside the board (I've done this for this reason and it can be fun at times and heave knows I'm not the most social person around.)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Jason L. Miles wrote:
Why? Is the board that important? ~snip~
No.
How did you get to that conclusion? If it were my last day at anything I would want to enjoy it. That makes me obsessive? Again, remind not to take that psychology class you took (together) apparently.
Get some
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:No.
How did you get to that conclusion? If it were my last day at anything I would want to enjoy it. That makes me obsessive? Again, remind not to take that psychology class you took (together) apparently.
You're a god damn liar. Nobody here likes you, they've all made it known. The only people who tried to like you ended up hating you anyway. Any reasonable person would have just left a loooong time ago.
Best care anywhere.
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

CaptHawkeye wrote:
Schuyler Colfax wrote:No.
You're a god damn liar. Nobody here likes you, they've all made it known. The only people who tried to like you ended up hating you anyway. Any reasonable person would have just left a loooong time ago.
Okay, just because someone doesn't like me doesn't mean I can't talk to them about something. Stark may not like me, but I can easily talk to him about E3 without any arguing.
Get some
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Except that YOU SAID YOU WOULD STOP POSTING SEVERAL TIMES AND YOU HAVE YET TO DO SO. Earth to Colefax: You're a fucking liar.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

CaptHawkeye wrote: You're a god damn liar. Nobody here likes you, they've all made it known. The only people who tried to like you ended up hating you anyway. Any reasonable person would have just left a loooong time ago.
Why don't you speak for your own fucking self rather than make assumptions about how I or others feel about him? Anyone can express their own goddamn opinions about him if they care to.

I don't like or hate him. Most of the time I dont even bother thinking about him. But he's a bloody nuisance to deal with, he refuses to change, and he doesn't stick to what he says (call that lying if you want.)

The big problem as I see it is that he simply won't step back and ignore something if someone says something about him. This thread I think is pretty much proof of that, and he just digs himself deeper. And I'm getting tired of the "hur hur chew toy!" brigade that invariably pops up anytime he does say something foolish, because they invariably get as spammy as anything he says (LOOK FRESH BLOOD1 GET 'IM BOYS!")

If he's going ot improve any at all its only going to be when he is removed from the presence of the board and people just stop fucking TALKING about him. (You know, the way we move on after all the other chew toys get tiresome. Or at least some do.)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Connor MacLeod wrote:
CaptHawkeye wrote: You're a god damn liar. Nobody here likes you, they've all made it known. The only people who tried to like you ended up hating you anyway. Any reasonable person would have just left a loooong time ago.
Why don't you speak for your own fucking self rather than make assumptions about how I or others feel about him? Anyone can express their own goddamn opinions about him if they care to.
:roll: Oh c'mon, Hawkeye was obviously talking about people that have already had contact with him and not actually every single person on the board.
I don't like or hate him. Most of the time I dont even bother thinking about him. But he's a bloody nuisance to deal with, he refuses to change, and he doesn't stick to what he says (call that lying if you want.)
What exactly would you call that?
The big problem as I see it is that he simply won't step back and ignore something if someone says something about him. This thread I think is pretty much proof of that, and he just digs himself deeper. And I'm getting tired of the "hur hur chew toy!" brigade that invariably pops up anytime he does say something foolish, because they invariably get as spammy as anything he says (LOOK FRESH BLOOD1 GET 'IM BOYS!")
You are certainly correct that that is one of his major problems, but the idea that there is some specific group of people that are waiting to pounce is incorrect. What actually happens is that he keeps posting the same retarded shit in the same forums which have the same regulars. (Testing and G&C to my knowledge) So yes it is invariably the same people, but there is no "vendetta" as it is a new response to something new every time. Hell, the amount of stupid that he lets fall out of his brain almost negates any kind of vendetta because it is always something new and about something different. On top of the fact that almost all of the people that do give him shit want him to just fucking shut up.
If he's going ot improve any at all its only going to be when he is removed from the presence of the board and people just stop fucking TALKING about him. (You know, the way we move on after all the other chew toys get tiresome. Or at least some do.)
Agreed.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Havok wrote: You are certainly correct that that is one of his major problems, but the idea that there is some specific group of people that are waiting to pounce is incorrect. What actually happens is that he keeps posting the same retarded shit in the same forums which have the same regulars.(Testing and G&C to my knowledge) So yes it is invariably the same people, but there is no "vendetta" as it is a new response to something new every time. Hell, the amount of stupid that he lets fall out of his brain almost negates any kind of vendetta because it is always something new and about something different. On top of the fact that almost all of the people that do give him shit want him to just fucking shut up.
:?
Get some
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Schuyler Colfax wrote: No.
Okay let me toss this out there: I posted the bit about R.3.B, "TempBanned during the vote" for a reason, as a warning to you not to go extra nutso during the vote itself. In other words don't give me reason to go to the Admins right now and start your TempBan early.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Hmm...looks like the permaban is what is going to stick - I'm not sure I'm okay with that. Yes he needs a break from the board, clearly, but permanently? I just wanted to say that I, as a board member, am not necessarily okay with that - for what it's worth.