[Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Re: [Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Chancellor-designate Wilkens, I think that the Testingtards are making a mockery of the democratic process.

That said, I nominate Ray245.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Enigam wrote:
Coyote wrote:Rationales? Links to evidence of greatness in the field?
Does Colefax have any? No? But his nomination has been accepted. Why not Shroomy?
Because I'm trying to stave off a dam-burst of frivolous nominations for the sake of silliness, and because one got through doesn't mean they all should?

It's Colefax in particular I'm thinking of. He's a good guy and he's come a long way, showing an ability to grow and learn, so I'm not ruling him out in the future, but I think more time is needed.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:That said, I nominate Ray245.
:lol:

Okay, the guy is obviously enthusiastic enough, but are you seriously suggesting that we want someone who has proposed more stupid ideas than everyone else in here combined to have a podium in the senate itself? He's a nice enough guy, and he does have a certain childlike innocence about him, but he hardly uses the kind of intelligence and self control that is expected of a senator.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Coyote wrote:<snip>Because I'm trying to stave off a dam-burst of frivolous nominations for the sake of silliness, and because one got through doesn't mean they all should?

It's Colefax in particular I'm thinking of. He's a good guy and he's come a long way, showing an ability to grow and learn, so I'm not ruling him out in the future, but I think more time is needed.
Personally I think the Senate should set a membership limit of how many can be admitted. I think what we have now is good enough. The only time there should be a Senate nomination is if one or more Senators quit the Senate or are kicked out. Constantly voting in more will eventually split the board into good posters and the dregs.

That said there should also be a stricter guidelines for Senatorial conduct. Picking fights with one another would result in some form of punishment with repeat offenders kicked out. Ditto for those who do not vote in the threads requiring them to.

Basically what I am saying is that nomination candidates with no end in sight is bad. :) Limit Senate size and replace members when necessary.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Formless wrote:

Okay, the guy is obviously enthusiastic enough, but are you seriously suggesting that we want someone who has proposed more stupid ideas than everyone else in here combined to have a podium in the senate itself? He's a nice enough guy, and he does have a certain childlike innocence about him, but he hardly uses the kind of intelligence and self control that is expected of a senator.
You do know that it is not to be taken serious? :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Formless wrote:

His contributions to the board have been overwhelming. Further, he has better name-recognition than almost everyone, and some of the highest board response to his posts specifically of anyone here!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Yeah, but you'll never catch me in a SRS BSNSS debate with facts and equations and proofs thrown around. It'll be a cold day in hell when I can stand toe to toe in a Coliseum-style debate against any of those... brained people. But if it happens, that will mean I am smarterers and have things like... knowledge!

Haha, Shroomy in the Senate. Ray, you have funny ideas. :P

Besides, nomination's over. STRAK is now a Super Special SDN Senator of Snarkcastic Speakingness.

(I'd make a better Senator than Socks though ;))

(Like, I wouldn't've approved the House of Commons and stuff :P)

Starting the 2nd of each month the HoC is free to nominate a whole new slate. That said you have been nominated and seconded, are you refusing the nomination?

General note: I tried to make this clear so I'll shout it to both sides: If you HONESTLY want someone added to the Seante, if you think they would be a valuable asset in the Senate then provide some proof.

Fellow Senators: take a couple seconds and consider the nominations presented. Bean does have the one point back in the Senate itself that there are an awful lot of "yeah sure" votes and membership in the Senate deserves at least a few minutes of your time to consider whether the person would be a contributing member.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Enigma wrote:That said there should also be a stricter guidelines for Senatorial conduct. Picking fights with one another would result in some form of punishment with repeat offenders kicked out. Ditto for those who do not vote in the threads requiring them to.
I already track those who don't vote and currently there are 3 who have been declared "Inactive" due to lack of voting. As to misbehavior elsewhere the updated Seante Rules provide for a vote to remove a member who has basically fucked up.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:His contributions to the board have been overwhelming. Further, he has better name-recognition than almost everyone, and some of the highest board response to his posts specifically of anyone here!
Ah, but the question is, are those responses positive... or negative? See, by the same argument, we should recognize Darkstar for his high name recognition! Sure, he has epically stupid things to say, but he sure is famous!

I hope this suggestion really was comedic, as Enigma suggested.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Formless wrote: Ah, but the question is, are those responses positive... or negative? See, by the same argument, we should recognize Darkstar for his high name recognition!
Silly Formless, banned people can't become senators!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

CmdrWilkens wrote:
Enigma wrote:That said there should also be a stricter guidelines for Senatorial conduct. Picking fights with one another would result in some form of punishment with repeat offenders kicked out. Ditto for those who do not vote in the threads requiring them to.
I already track those who don't vote and currently there are 3 who have been declared "Inactive" due to lack of voting. As to misbehavior elsewhere the updated Seante Rules provide for a vote to remove a member who has basically fucked up.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Silly Formless, banned people can't become senators!
Ah, but the point was that stupid people shouldn't either! And Darkstar counts as BOTH!
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Formless wrote:
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Silly Formless, banned people can't become senators!
Ah, but the point was that stupid people shouldn't either! And Darkstar counts as BOTH!
Wouldn't that leave out [Unpopular Senator here]? :P
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Starting the 2nd of each month the HoC is free to nominate a whole new slate. That said you have been nominated and seconded, are you refusing the nomination?
Oh, what the hell. I ACCEPT my nomination. :D

Just watching the Senators in the Senate forum vote on the whole thing would be awesome. And, well, I can't be THAT horrible a Senator if I should ever make the grade. :)

But yeah, maybe the Senate could be like... a real Senate. Real Senates don't have limitless membership slots, and real Senates have Senatorial term-limits, don't they? If we have too many Senators, some could be put in the reserves bench while a certain specific pre-set number of Senators are always active. When their time expires or when real-life bites them in the ass, they get a break, sit on the bench and are replaced by another batch. And then they're rotated again. Like, each Senator gets four months duty before taking a four month break and then returning for another four months duty. Or something.

Kind of like basketball. *blows whistle* *substitute players*

It would prevent overpopulation. Like China's one-child policy, and abortion.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:
Formless wrote:
Wouldn't that leave out [Unpopular Senator here]? :P
No, I think they are all pretty intelligent, its just that some of them are asshats. :P
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You guys are fucking ridiculous. :roll:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

havokeff wrote:You guys are fucking ridiculous. :roll:
You annoyed that you've not been nominated? I know I am! :P
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

I would like to nominate Master of Ossus. Why? He is a really coherent and solid poster and to be honest one of our best when it comes to posts on economics which is very fitting in these times. Plus he is not a forum "old boy" or something like that.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Zuul wrote:
havokeff wrote:You guys are fucking ridiculous. :roll:
You annoyed that you've not been nominated? I know I am! :P
Hell no. Under the new system, I can nominate myself, which is always fucking lame, and I'm 99% sure there are people that would second me, either for the "LULZ" or because they like what I have to say, strange as that may be.

That is true of you, or anyone else for that matter. Seriously, Coffee nominated Tubbs and he got seconded. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I like Tubbs and have always defended him and helped him out as best I could, but his posts are no where near what they need to be, to be a serious consideration.

P.S. I know you are just kidding. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Bluewolf wrote:I would like to nominate Master of Ossus. Why? He is a really coherent and solid poster and to be honest one of our best when it comes to posts on economics which is very fitting in these times. Plus he is not a forum "old boy" or something like that.
Uh, he's a Governor so he's already in the Senate by default.

Also, Snuggles (J) is seconded. I'd like to state for the record that I wasn't bribed or blackmailed into this action.
Last edited by aerius on 2009-01-02 07:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Bluewolf wrote:I would like to nominate Master of Ossus. Why? He is a really coherent and solid poster and to be honest one of our best when it comes to posts on economics which is very fitting in these times. Plus he is not a forum "old boy" or something like that.
He is a Mod already. Why would he want to be a Senator. He ACTUALLY has some SAY in how things go around here. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Well then I will go with Colfax and if I can not do that, Shroomy.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Bluewolf wrote:Well then I will go with Colfax and if I can not do that, Shroomy.
So YOU are just trolling for LULZ? :lol: Groovy. See Rye. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Oh no no no. I honestly did not know MoO was a governer with the loss of titles and all. I just think Colfax may grow some balls if he is a senator and he can always be removed if no impprovment is there.

Shroomy is just interesting and a breath of fresh air compared to some. He makes very reasoned and good posts.