[Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Re: [Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

Post by Rye »

havokeff wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:Well then I will go with Colfax and if I can not do that, Shroomy.
So YOU are just trolling for LULZ? :lol: Groovy. See Rye. :D
There was a point where people worked out that democracy can be a bit of a laugh and then it all went tits up.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

A few more days of this and this whole Senate / Democracy mess might finally get dropped like a terrorist from Air Force One.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

havokeff wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:I would like to nominate Master of Ossus. Why? He is a really coherent and solid poster and to be honest one of our best when it comes to posts on economics which is very fitting in these times. Plus he is not a forum "old boy" or something like that.
He is a Mod already. Why would he want to be a Senator. He ACTUALLY has some SAY in how things go around here. :D
I assumed that all mods are Senators\Governors by default?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:A few more days of this and this whole Senate / Democracy mess might finally get dropped like a terrorist from Air Force One.
"The day we stop believing democracy can work, is the day we lose it".

I probably missquoted that, but what the hell. :D
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:A few more days of this and this whole Senate / Democracy mess might finally get dropped like a terrorist from Air Force One.
All in accordance with the prophecy...
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I nominate Bounty. There's virtually no thread in the pure ST forum without his participation, he's a font of Trek knowledge, and I think has proven himself an intelligent poster and would make a worthy addition to the senate.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Seconded!
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:
Formless wrote:
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:That said, I nominate Ray245.
:lol:

Okay, the guy is obviously enthusiastic enough, but are you seriously suggesting that we want someone who has proposed more stupid ideas than everyone else in here combined to have a podium in the senate itself? He's a nice enough guy, and he does have a certain childlike innocence about him, but he hardly uses the kind of intelligence and self control that is expected of a senator.
His contributions to the board have been overwhelming. Further, he has better name-recognition than almost everyone, and some of the highest board response to his posts specifically of anyone here!
Since when did I get well known? I thought I am just another newbie that no one will remember for long.

I do not believe I should be near the Senate at all. I have this bad habit of throwing out all of my ideas without any careful thinking, and I am not a good debater.

Other times, I would just shut down my brain and thinking exercise when I am getting lazy. Yup, I am a extremely lazy person that is too lazy to think at times. Moreover, I do have mood swings as well. At times, I would bother to think as long as I do not have too many real life commitments.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

ray245 wrote: Since when did I get well known? I thought I am just another newbie that no one will remember for long.
You make a thread almost every goddamn day and at least half of the posts in HoC are yours.

Pump your brakes kid.
Get some
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
ray245 wrote: Since when did I get well known? I thought I am just another newbie that no one will remember for long.
You make a thread almost every goddamn day and at least half of the posts in HoC are yours.

Pump your brakes kid.
Ok...
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Zuul wrote:There was a point where people worked out that democracy can be a bit of a laugh and then it all went tits up.
A cynical man might suggest this was the plan all along, and the HoC is serving it's purpose admirably. :)
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
You make a dozen retarded threads almost every goddamn day and at least half of the most retarded and useless posts in HoC are yours.

Pump your brakes kid.
There, fixed.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Flagg wrote:I nominate Bounty. There's virtually no thread in the pure ST forum without his participation, he's a font of Trek knowledge, and I think has proven himself an intelligent poster and would make a worthy addition to the senate.
Thirded. And if he doesn't win in January, fuck you guys.
XXXI
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Phantasee wrote:
Flagg wrote:I nominate Bounty.
Thirded. And if he doesn't win in January, fuck you guys.
Well I see you guys are going with the 'nominate awful competition to make him look good' strategy. ;)

I however will nominate Ace Pace. His posts are almost aways useful or interesting, and from what I can recall he has held his own in several debates. If someone seconds him I will dig up some representative posts.
Engima wrote:Constantly voting in more will eventually split the board into good posters and the dregs.
And the problem with this is?

I am looking forward to watching Mr Bean et al whine 'oh noes they have nominated too many candidates' :)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Chancellor-designate Wilkens, I think that the Testingtards are making a mockery of the democratic process.

That said, I nominate Ray245.
Seconded, and seconded.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Uh... You guys know you don't HAVE to nominate anyone, right?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

You know the senate has a "none of them" option in each election, right? :P

Anyway, I'll second Ace Pace for the aforementioned reasons.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Current Nominations (that have been seconded) for January:

Colefax (by which I assume it was meant Schuyler Colfax)

Shroom Man 777

ray245

Ace Pace

Bounty

and

J

Don't tire yourselves out guys as you have until the 24th to nominate and this is 2 days worth. That being said I am going to nominate:

Thanas, for anybody who hasn't dropped in on the Colesium please check out the debate he just opened with Marina in regards to the military stragtegy of Rome during the Imperial period. That aside the History forum is littered with his contirbutions as well.
Last edited by CmdrWilkens on 2009-01-03 02:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I'll second Thanas. I like his style, and he's usually a good read.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Destructionator XIII wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:Also remaining as nominated but not seconded we have:

J
Aerius seconded J on the previous page.
My bad, I mixed the second sentence in with the sig. Post above has now been edited to reflect J's seconding. I did not edit Thanas in that post as it served as the initial nomination.
Last edited by CmdrWilkens on 2009-01-03 02:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Also remaining as nominated but not seconded we have:
J
Are you saying that Aerius doesn't count? :)

Obviously I must support Ace to further the HAB board domination agenda, but Thanas, J and Bounty are all good suggestions. :)
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Ace is going off to war, I'm not sure what good it's going to do to nominate someone who just left the board for a period. Maybe after he comes back from Boot we can nominate him?

Unless you guys want to continue the tradition of Senators who barely participate :)
XXXI
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'll third Thanas, zat wunderbar German kameraden of ours! Ist gut! Schnell! Schnell!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

aerius wrote:Also, Snuggles (J) is seconded. I'd like to state for the record that I wasn't bribed or blackmailed into this action.
To remove any possible sense of impropriety here, I'll also second J's nomination.

She is a smart debater and seems to have an expertise in economic issues that I can only wish I had.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

With all these decent members, I'll probably never have a shot at becoming a Senator. :(
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!