[Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Re: [Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

Post by Chardok »

EDIT - Nevermind, he's a lying shitstain.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

As Bounty has been elected, I will renominate Stuart as Balrog sadly has apparently no chance of winning.

Links to his user profile, some choice postings etc. have already been posted in this thread, so to avoid plagiarizing those posts I'll just link to them.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Thanas wrote:As Bounty has been elected, I will renominate Stuart as Balrog sadly has apparently no chance of winning.
Seconded. There seems to be support for Stuart, Bounty was just ahead of him in the queue.

I confess that I am looking forward to some amusing suggested punishments for miscreants.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Hell, I'll renominate Balrog. That LotR bestiary is awesome.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

No one wants to re-nominate Tubbs, huh? Where's Mr Coffee when you need him?

I'll second Balrog
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

I missed the 21st for March, so this must be for April.

Tiriol is a very informative, no nonsense poster. His posts have been great contributions to all the threads I have seen him post in. Ender already covered a lot of it in his thread in the Senate, and I agree with everything he said, so I'm just gonna link to it. He has a great lis of notable posts compiled.

March nominations
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

SancheztheWhaler wrote:No one wants to re-nominate Tubbs, huh? Where's Mr Coffee when you need him?
That was pretty hilarious...

I'd like to put Stuart's name back in the hat. Man is scarily informative, doesn't post much unless he has something to say, and he writes some fun fics. On the other hand, he might try and take over the place...
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Lord Relvenous wrote:I missed the 21st for March, so this must be for April.

Tiriol is a very informative, no nonsense poster. His posts have been great contributions to all the threads I have seen him post in. Ender already covered a lot of it in his thread in the Senate, and I agree with everything he said, so I'm just gonna link to it. He has a great lis of notable posts compiled.

March nominations

I'll second Tiriol and here's his list from the other thread:

Finnish retirement system news
Lex Nokia
Some more Lex Nokia
Another bit on Lex Nokia
Finnish Conscientous Objector Thread in N&P
Imperial Atrocities Thread in PSW
What did Sidious Teach Vader?
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Nominations are closed for March, the vote will go up later today but the nominees who have been seoncded and provided with supporting documents are:

Stuart

Balrog

Tiriol
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

I'll second Tiriol.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Just a reminder that you don't have to nominate someone every month.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Havok wrote:Just a reminder that you don't have to nominate someone every month.
How else can we see how big it will get before nominations get shut down? :wink:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Havok wrote:Just a reminder that you don't have to nominate someone every month.
How else can we see how big it will get before nominations get shut down? :wink:
Ahh. Touche'. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Screw that... I nominate you, Havok, for the Senate.

Evidence... well, you're kind of crabby, like you're constipated or something... is that good enough?

I also renominate Balrog, evidence is already above.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Since you provided no evidence, I'm presuming the Havok nomination is for lulz? :mrgreen:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Indeed it is. Although, I would be interested to see just how badly lopsided the vote would be against. :lol:

Edit: However though, and to paraphrase Bounty, IIRC, I'm not going to complain or gripe about how things are run (which I really don't) and not step up to the plate if seriously nominated. I believe there are some decent examples of my contribution to the board... somewhere. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:Indeed it is. Although, I would be interested to see just how badly lopsided the vote would be against. :lol:

Edit: However though, and to paraphrase Bounty, IIRC, I'm not going to complain or gripe about how things are run (which I really don't) and not step up to the plate if seriously nominated. I believe there are some decent examples of my contribution to the board... somewhere. :D
The thread with Poe is all the evidence I'd need to vote for you.

But I'm seconding Balrog.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Coyote wrote:Since you provided no evidence, I'm presuming the Havok nomination is for lulz? :mrgreen:
Well, if Havok actually wants to be nominated I'll nominate him... I'm not going to bother with finding evidence however; he'll have to do that himself. And Havok, I'm not remotely interested in being a Senator... I've got better things to do with my time, so don't lulz nominate me back :wink:
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

SancheztheWhaler wrote:

Evidence... well, you're kind of crabby, like you're constipated or something... is that good enough?

You can nominate one or the other but not both. Pick one and honestly don't fuck around for lulz because I will start just dismissing any nominations out of hand otherwise.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Ok, then I'll nominate Havok for the Senate. Reference the thread where he busted Poe's chops, or any of his participation in PST, AMP, and here in HoC.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Ok, then I'll nominate Havok for the Senate. Reference the thread where he busted Poe's chops, or any of his participation in PST, AMP, and here in HoC.
You shit bird. Besides you actually have to link to the threads in question. :roll: Dumbass. And pure Star Trek? Seriously dude. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

CmdrWilkens wrote:
SancheztheWhaler wrote:

You can nominate one or the other but not both. Pick one and honestly don't fuck around for lulz because I will start just dismissing any nominations out of hand otherwise.
I nominated Balrog and Flagg seconded. Someone else will have to second Havok
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Havok wrote:
Mr. Coffee wrote:Ok, then I'll nominate Havok for the Senate. Reference the thread where he busted Poe's chops, or any of his participation in PST, AMP, and here in HoC.
You shit bird. Besides you actually have to link to the threads in question. :roll: Dumbass. And pure Star Trek? Seriously dude. :lol:
Dude, I am not going to sift back through 5400 of your posts to snag the thread where you wtfpwned Poe. Oh yeah, PSW... Whatever, nerd.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
Havok wrote:
Dude, I am not going to sift back through 5400 of your posts to snag the thread where you wtfpwned Poe. Oh yeah, PSW... Whatever, nerd.
Well until you do its a void nomination so whatever.

-Kingdom of Heaven