[Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Re: [Member] Perpetual Nomination Thread

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:With all these decent members, I'll probably never have a shot at becoming a Senator. :(
Yeah, but nominating a few oddballs forces people to take notice and nominate people that really should have been senators already, dude. It's for the Greater Good or some shit, yo.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:With all these decent members, I'll probably never have a shot at becoming a Senator. :(
*blink*Shroomy can construct decent sentences without mashing them up? I must on something. :)

Don't worry Shroom-meister, I'm sure you'll get some votes.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
Yeah, but nominating a few oddballs forces people to take notice and nominate people that really should have been senators already, dude. It's for the Greater Good or some shit, yo.
We can always wait for a lull in the nominating, maybe in March or something, and put on a concerted effort to get Shroomy in as Senator from the PRFY in there. Regular folk can be douchebags Senators too!
XXXI
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Incidentally, March is where mein birthday is at too! It'll be a perfect present! :D

Aw, shucks! I love you guys! ;)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Current Nominations (that have been seconded) for January:

Colefax (by which I assume it was meant Schuyler Colfax)
Wow, I wonder how far this is gonna go.
Get some
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Incidentally, March is where mein birthday is at too! It'll be a perfect present! :D

Aw, shucks! I love you guys! ;)
We got ya covered, buddy.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:Current Nominations (that have been seconded) for January:

Colefax (by which I assume it was meant Schuyler Colfax)
Wow, I wonder how far this is gonna go.
Not far. If you keep improving though, and you really want to be in, then you have a goal to shoot for in the future.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Current Nominations (that have been seconded) for January:
The nomination period will close at 1200 GMT (or 700 EST) and the vote will run from whenever I wake up tomorrow morning through that time on January 31st.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Nominations are open for the month of February and will close in time for a vote on the 21st.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Do we have to renominate people who have been nominated in the past?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I believe that is how it works.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Thanas wrote:Do we have to renominate people who have been nominated in the past?
Yes, if someone was nominated in a previous round of elections, and wasn't elected to the Senate, they must be re-nominated for the current nomination period. Precedent.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Hmm, I'd nominate Stuart, his contributions to the board have been excellent and AFAIK he's done a good job of moderating the HPCA forum. However, I don't know if he actually wants the position. I'll PM him and ask.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

General note, I'm gonna be bringing back the Chancellor's Discretion provision so if anybody doesn't bother to:

a) check to ensure their candidate actual wants the job
b) link to their profile in the initial nomination
c) actually provide some evidence of support

then the nominee is gonna be kicked.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I again nominate Bounty

A few of his many (so many that almost every thread has meaningful posts in them) contributions to the Pure Star Trek Forum:

Size of Borg Space

Size of the new Enterprise

Info on USS Kelvin

And those are just from the first 2 pages. The guy is a fucking font of Trek Knowledge and would be a worthy addition to the Senate.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'll second Bounty.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Stuart wrote:
Starglider wrote:Would you like to be nominated for the Senate? Your comments on dealing with miscreants are usually amusing (and sensible), and AFAIK the minimum participation is just voting on something twice a month or so.
I would be very pleased to serve should I be honored by nomination and election. Thank you for considering me for this position.
Right, if someone would like to second that, I will see about digging up some sample posts. (Stuart's user profile)
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I'll third that. I've wondered why Stuart wasn't put up for nomination a long time ago; my assumption was that he was too busy with work and life for it. I guess I was wrong, so definitely yes to nomination for Stuart.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I feel obliged to post here, due to Skimmers posts in the senate and some questions. I am not nominatable for the near future. It's for IRL reasons and not for any "the senate is dumb lol" stuff.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Ace Pace wrote:I feel obliged to post here, due to Skimmers posts in the senate and some questions. I am not nominatable for the near future. It's for IRL reasons and not for any "the senate is dumb lol" stuff.
As Ace is clearly back from his hiatus, I nominated him for the Senate. :wink:

Seriously though, don't nominate Ace, he'll cry.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Starglider wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Starglider wrote:Would you like to be nominated for the Senate? Your comments on dealing with miscreants are usually amusing (and sensible), and AFAIK the minimum participation is just voting on something twice a month or so.
I would be very pleased to serve should I be honored by nomination and election. Thank you for considering me for this position.
Right, if someone would like to second that, I will see about digging up some sample posts. (Stuart's user profile)
I shall take a stab at legitimizing this particular nomination.

Stuart on reverse engineering.

Stuart on nuclear war.

Stuart on the Chinese milk scandal.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Don't forget Armageddon. :wink:
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Stuart and Bounty are good candidates and worthy to be seated. I would vote for them any time.

I do believe another member to be deserving as well. He was considered for senate membership in the past, and while not being one of the more active Posters, is certainly worthy of a Senate seat in my opinion: Balrog.

He has indicated that he is willing to serve in such a capacity via PM.

Anyone who has spent some time in the Fantasy section of the board must have noticed his contributions, especially regarding LotR.

A sample of his posts:

Bestiary of Middle-Earth, his magnum opus on this board.
Discussion on endurance feats in the LotR universe
The war in the North (fanfic)
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

I read the entirety of the Bestiary and his OP for the endurance thread. I don't follow STGOD or fanfics, and his posting history otherwise is modest but didn't turn up any egregious examples. On the basis of the legwork for his long-term projects and staying out of trouble otherwise, I will second Balrog's nomination.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

The following nominations are accepted pending the vote:

Bounty

Stuart

Balrog

Nominations close on the 21st.

-Kingdom of Heaven