[PROPOSAL] Search term highlight color change

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Tolya
Jedi Council Member

[PROPOSAL] Search term highlight color change

Post by Tolya »

This is a minor thing, but I found it a bit irritating that search terms get highlighted with bright yellow which makes them unreadable (at least on the default board style).

Maybe changing the color would be a good idea, or just change the color of the letters not the background itself? White + yellow does not compute.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Re: [PROPOSAL] Search term highlight color change

Post by ray245 »

Seconded, it is extremely annoying to read a post when it is highlighted in bright yellow.

Perhaps a darker colour may help?
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

You can just go up to the url and delete &hilit= and whatever's after that.

For example: this versus this.

Code: Select all

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=129520&hilit=yellow --> http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=129520
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

While this change would please me, its hardly a major issue.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Question asked & answered.

EDIT: There is a "Report Board Software Problems" thread.

Locked.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!