[Discussion]Horsemen of the Apocalypse (actors)

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: [Discussion]Horsemen of the Apocalypse (actors)

Post by Ghost Rider »

ray245 wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
ray245 wrote:Doesn't that undermine the respect the Mods have, to be good debaters themselves? I believe that the potential Moderators have to be a good debater and a good flamer. A moderator needs to judge a debate and control or salvage the debate if it is getting out of hand.

If not, they will not be able to command any respect as a moderator if they are unable to debate in a proper manner.
What you believe and what is are not the same thing. I stated what the Horsemen are, and by most accounts those chosen are at least decent or they would've never gotten noticed. I mean does this have to honestly be spelled out?!
Sure, the older or regular members can remember the postive contribution a Horseman has made. However, what about the newer members? We have a long discussion on how are we going to ensure newbies can be more willingly to bring forth their view points. A newbie will not have knowledge about a Horseman past, and if the Horsemen is given the post as a moderator, what it will do is discouraging newer members to post.
What part of they have to made some contribution thus they get noticed, thus they get inducted do you not get?

I'm not breaking it any further down because really if you didn't read or understand when I said the Horsemen are first flamers, second Mod possibles then I have nothing more to say that will get through to you.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Ghost Rider wrote: What part of they have to made some contribution thus they get noticed, thus they get inducted do you not get?

I'm not breaking it any further down because really if you didn't read or understand when I said the Horsemen are first flamers, second Mod possibles then I have nothing more to say that will get through to you.
I have no problem with Horsemen being a flamer in the first place.

However, the thing I am questioning is, why are the Horsemen considered to be a potential Moderator in comparision to a Senator? What makes a person with flaming experience so special that he is considered to be a possible mod?

It seems that this is an act of granting the Horsemen a special privilage. I mean, you don't need to be a good flamer to be a moderator.

Let Horsemen be flamers and nothing else.

Again, I do hope that I have make myself clear. :D
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

ray245 wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote: What part of they have to made some contribution thus they get noticed, thus they get inducted do you not get?

I have no problem with Horsemen being a flamer in the first place.

However, the thing I am questioning is, why are the Horsemen considered to be a potential Moderator in comparision to a Senator? What makes a person with flaming experience so special that he is considered to be a possible mod?

It seems that this is an act of granting the Horsemen a special privilage. I mean, you don't need to be a good flamer to be a moderator.

Let Horsemen be flamers and nothing else.

Again, I do hope that I have make myself clear. :D
*sigh* Now this is what I dislike of explaining things to you. You do note I said contributions? I mean did this fly over your head multiple times? They make a contribution, get noticed. Oh wait, I'll make it clearer, they get noticed because they make positive contributions and are put in a position to utilize moderator powers to see how they would work. With the Senate, really not much difference except no moderator powers anywhere. They contribute thus get noticed thus are noted for other positions. Is that enough for you or should I draw a diagram?

And again, I mentioned they are flamers is because that is their particular vocation in that particular forum.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

ray245 wrote:Sure, the older or regular members can remember the postive contribution a Horseman has made. However, what about the newer members? We have a long discussion on how are we going to ensure newbies can be more willingly to bring forth their view points. A newbie will not have knowledge about a Horseman past, and if the Horsemen is given the post as a moderator, what it will do is discouraging newer members to post.
Um, ray, I'm a new member, but even before I actually signed up I knew what the Horseman were about and who they were. If you lurk properly and watch for mentions of the HoS, you can pretty much figure out what goes on there even if you can't see it yourself. That includes the Horseman. Especially since you can see the Parting Shots forum and gauge what it looks like, at least in the worst case troll scenarios. Plus they have a page about them on the Imperial Wiki. If you don't know what the Horseman are about, you have lurked insufficiently or improperly.

Frankly, I'm all for being recognized by your contributions. Meritocracy is a better way to go then, say, by how long you have been on the board, and if anything it should be an incentive to post your opinions on topics.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

This idea is ridiculous. The point of the Horsemen is not to debate, but to humiliate. That was always their point. There is no need for this, it's pretty much the silliest thing imaginable.

What we do need are new, vigorous, and aggressive horsemen with the same charge as the originals, who can act as focal points for concentrating flames in HOS and keeping them off of the rest of the board, which should essentially be their job describe as mods or minimods, when other mods sent them threads that are rolling downhill, they rip them apart in HOS to keep endless pages of flames and drama from showing up anywhere else, and we generally crack down on the harsher flaming outside of threads that have been HOSed and Horsemanized.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.