Nautilus livestreaming shipwreck dives

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Nautilus livestreaming shipwreck dives

Post by Thanas »

The ship Nautilus, with Robert Ballard is livestreaming dives on shipwrecks near the US pacific islands. Now they are diving on the wreck of the light aircraft carrier USS Independence.

You can watch up to 4 Cameras here:

http://nautiluslive.org/

and follow them on their very informative twitter here:
https://twitter.com/EVNautilus
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Nautilus livestreaming shipwreck dives

Post by Borgholio »

Very neat. Going to be watching this at work today. Thanks for the link!
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Fascinating. I'm watching just now, and the Hercules seems to be running a "mowing the lawn" pattern, taking a photo every few seconds.

Ooh, lots of tube sponges (I think) sticking everywhere, a few bits of coral, lots of little floaters, and I think now we're looking at an edge of the flight deck, I see lines of safety nets. Or maybe it's the flight deck elevator — I can just see some more structure at the far side of this gaping chasm.

<snrk> And a little black beastie looking something like a water flea just skittered over the camera lens.

Hold on, that net might be a snagged fishing net, I can see a line of spherical floats along what looks like an edge.

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely be back later for another look.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Have they already dropped by Iron Bottom Sound?
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!