Are These Books Any Good?

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Jub
Sith Marauder

Are These Books Any Good?

Post by Jub »

I was thrift store hunting yesterday and managed to find three nice coffee table books on WWI and II. The set of three was $20 so I'm not too worried either way. In terms of condition and general feel of the books, they're pretty hefty and aside from some damage to their dustjackets, in great shape. World War II has some very nice pictures, with a surprising number in color, with many pictures I've never seen before. I haven't had much time to look at the others, but they seem to have a high quality of presentation as well.

I ask mainly because knowing if any of these books/authors are any good before I dive into them would be nice. I don't want to catch any blatant falsehoods or strong biases without forewarning.

The first is titled, simply, World War II by Ronald Heiferman, published by Octopus in 1973, ISBN 0 7064 0247 2. The second is The Two World Wars by Susanne Everett and Brigadier Peter Young, published by Bison Books for WHSMITH in 1980, I have the 1982 edition, ISBN 0 86124 059 6. The final book is The Great Battles of World War II by Henry Maule, published by the Hamlyn Publishing Group in 1972, ISBN 0 600 72070 5.

I can provide pictures of the covers and pages if that would help jog any memories.
Last edited by Jub on 2016-01-22 02:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: Are These Books Any Good?

Post by Jub »

I dislike the new position of the quote and edit buttons!