Distribution of Jewish refugees by country

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Distribution of Jewish refugees by country

Post by mr friendly guy »

Recently Israel made a video thanking China for Shanghai's taking in 20,000 Jews fleeing the holocaust. Now I had been aware that Jews fled to wherever they could find to get the hell out of Nazi occupied areas, including Shanghai and Africa. I just had no idea there were so many fleeing to China at that time. This got me interested in the actual intake of Jewish refugees by countries during this time.

Unfortunately my google fu is weak and I can't seem to get that information easily.

So I am putting it forward to the board to point me in the right direction. If you already know the answer, great, otherwise just point me to the relevant sources and I will peruse when time permits.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Distribution of Jewish refugees by country

Post by madd0ct0r »

I just came across this and disappointed no one had a stab at it
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: Distribution of Jewish refugees by country

Post by K. A. Pital »

I think whover wants to know more, should contact these guys:
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/history/about-us/e ... -and-india
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali