Kieler Luftbildarchiv

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Kieler Luftbildarchiv

Post by Thanas »

The "Kieler Luftbildarchiv" is a series of pictures of cities of the Third Reich before the Allied terror bombing went into full force. It was taken by members of Albert Speer's staff in order to document the cities for possible rebuilding after the "Endsieg".
Link.
If you click on "zum bestand" you can enter the (German) name of any place and scroll through the pictures. I recommend clicking on Orte (lower left), select the country (Germany, Austria and Poland) and then click on any of the letters. Sadly the navigation craps out quite a lot due to them using shitty flash, but the pictures are worth it. Especially if you are a fan of old town architecture.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Re: Kieler Luftbildarchiv

Post by Darmalus »

These are pretty! Makes me wish I could download the lot in a go to browse.