Oswald kills Khrushchev

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Oswald kills Khrushchev

Post by Kitsune »

Listening to Gerald Posner, he suggested that Lee Harvey Oswald was a psychopath and would have likely killed somebody or died trying.
If he had stayed in the USSR and somehow managed to kill Nikita Khrushchev, how would the aftermath have unfolded?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Oswald kills Khrushchev

Post by Borgholio »

The Soviets would certainly have blamed us for it. What they would have done...I have no idea.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Oswald kills Khrushchev

Post by Mr Bean »

Borgholio wrote:The Soviets would certainly have blamed us for it. What they would have done...I have no idea.
They would have airdropped soliders into Prince Georges county and tried to take DC by storm, but a nuked used as an EMP by Captain Price would have saved us in the end. Then all that would be left is getting Makarov.

In all seriousness, what would have happened is nothing because unlike in Texas Oswald would have had a much harder time taking out a theoretical Soviet target no matter who he picked.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton