The art of swords

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

The art of swords

Post by Thanas »

Link

A very cool tumblr showing historical weapons, including many of my favorite rapier designs, like the one above. You might enjoy it.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Re: The art of swords

Post by Esquire »

Great find. I like that they included all the odd African and Asian bladed weapons.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Those Scottish basket-hilted swords look damn sexy.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

This is also one of my favorite Tumblrs. I don't browse Tumblr, but I picked up the feed from this blog on my Facebook. Swordy goodness every day :)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.