Laconia incident

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: Laconia incident

Post by K. A. Pital »

Well, on one account he didn't lie, the submarine war never came close to "strangling" Britain supply-wise, at least as far as Clay Blair's statistics allow me to infer.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Stas Bush wrote:Well, on one account he didn't lie, the submarine war never came close to "strangling" Britain supply-wise, at least as far as Clay Blair's statistics allow me to infer.
Well yes, there were two specific points on which i said he was lying. We we're never strangled particularly hard, but had certain things not occurred/ had certain things not been developed, then things could have got much worse than they did. However, the US's entry, the mass building of corvettes, the recognition of how useful coastal command could be and other things really did turn the tide.
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Little beggar ran away without answering my points. That's a concession.
Thanks ComradeClaus :D
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation