Technical information on early Korean cannon

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Technical information on early Korean cannon

Post by The Dark »

Does anyone know of any good sources regarding the caliber and size of the late 16th-century Korean cannons known as Heaven, Earth, Yellow, and Black cannon? From information on the website of the Hyeonchungsa Shrine, I know the Black cannon was 950mm total length, 75mm caliber, but I've been unable to find any information at all on the length and caliber of the other cannon types or the weight of any of the cannon.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Re: Technical information on early Korean cannon

Post by LaCroix »

Look for

Cheonja
Jija
Hyeonja
Hwangja

Thes are the names according to a german article in wiki... In use in the Joseon Dynasty
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Re: Technical information on early Korean cannon

Post by The Dark »

Actually, is there anyone here that can translate Korean? There's a picture at http: //ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%ED%8C%8C%EC%9D%BC:ChongtongStructure.jpg from the Jinju Museum that looks to have technical information, but I don't read Hangul.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore