Finding good books regarding Chinese military history

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Finding good books regarding Chinese military history

Post by ray245 »

I'm interested in reading up on books regarding the military history of China from the Qin to the Qing Dynasty, so if anyone has any nice books that covers that period in time , it would be extremely helpful if someone can recommend some books for me.

Most of the books I have come across so far has yet to talk about the the military of ancient China in depth and provide deep analysis on the subject. So I will be helpful I can know where to look.

Thanks.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Re: Finding good books regarding Chinese military history

Post by PainRack »

why not just search chinese military history in the library? There are a couple of good comprehensive stuff in the public library, although I hate to venture the accuracy of everything.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

PainRack wrote:why not just search chinese military history in the library? There are a couple of good comprehensive stuff in the public library, although I hate to venture the accuracy of everything.
The problem is trying to find which books actually have a level of analysis and information and trying to avoid all the "popular history" textbooks that contains nothing more than a bunch of outdated views.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

ray245 wrote: The problem is trying to find which books actually have a level of analysis and information and trying to avoid all the "popular history" textbooks that contains nothing more than a bunch of outdated views.
??? There are a couple of books available. can't recall the exact title, but there's one which has the word chinese military encylopedias in the title somewhere where it describes china ancient military textbooks.

You're not going to avoid contradictory and contrary information, because much of the data and analysis of units from the Qing Dynasty for example was that.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner