Trip Around the SS Great Britain and the Matthew.

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Trip Around the SS Great Britain and the Matthew.

Post by Big Orange »

There had to be an overlap between sailing ships and steam driven ships, the SS Great Britain was one of the first and the best example.

Here is the ticket/map from the museum:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

The stamps match the various appearances of the ship as rebuilt throughout it's life; groovy.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Trip Around SS Great Britain & Matthew [Reloaded].

Post by Big Orange »

OK, something very bad happened between me and the dubious PhotoBucket (odd censorship, limiting bandwidth, passive-aggressively forcing me into being a paying member etc), so my account for that hellhole has ceased. Luckily my photos were saved elsewhere and I'm using a new picture hosting site (Zooomr). The photos in my old thread have gone forever, so I'm posting them here again, since the photos of the SS Great Britain and Matthew were well received.

Here are my photos of the trip to the SS Great Britain again, they may be a bit bigger or smaller:

SS Great Britain's Museum Entrance:

A loony pretending to be Isambard Kingdom Brunel:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Trip Around SS Great Britain & Matthew [Reloaded].

Post by Thanas »

Or....you could have simply fixed the links in your old post (hint: ask a mod) instead of posting another thread? Yeah, I know what I am going to do with this one.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

OK, sorry it took a while:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I'll post the rest tomorrow....

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The museum part comes last, I'll wrap this mess up:

*Phew*, that's that out the way...

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

When I was around Bristol docks, I couldn't pass up the Matthew swanning about the place (with a school group onboard). So here are some more dynamic pictures of the Matthew replica:

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Those really great, B.O., and kinda coincidental; I just began scratchbuilding a Venetian carrack in 1/700 scale the other day.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.