Ideal Soviet Soldier Propaganda?

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Ideal Soviet Soldier Propaganda?

Post by spaceviking »

Do any of you guys know of any Second World War Soviet propaganda that showed the government’s ideal of the perfect soldier?

Such as in the form of code of conduct pamphlets or newspaper articles about a Hero the Soviet Union that shows the ideal soldier.

Typoes and spelling fixed --Shep
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: Ideal soviet solider propaganda?

Post by K. A. Pital »

I feel your english is lacking, but there is a plethora of heroes; not a single one. The USSR was always about collectivism. However, Panfilov, Gastello, Meresyev, Matrosov are all heroes who were much exalted.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: Ideal Soviet Soldier Propaganda?

Post by Alferd Packer »

It might make more sense to examine what the ideal Soviet soldier was made to be after the fact--that is, through study of postwar memorials. When I studied in Berlin, I got to see a lot of them, including the Soviet War Memorials in Tiergarten, Treptower Park, Schönholzer Heide, as well as the concentration camp Sachsenhausen. When applicable, the Soviet soldier is usually battle-worn but enduring, stepping confidently towards the future. The impression I always got from them was that the memorial was for those who died, but the Soviet army/people/ideology(represented by the soldier) would advance on.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Re: Ideal Soviet Soldier Propaganda?

Post by Samuel »

"And it had produced the first of many Sevastopol heroes to be celebrated in Russian verse and song: the Five Sailors of Sevastopol. Their ammunition exhausted, each of the five men made bundles of their last grenades and flung themselves under onrushing German tanks, each man crippling a panzer."

Red Army Resurgent, 36