What happened to my topic?

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

As you may have noticed, the History Forum has shrunk in size. This may prompt some of you to ask:

Your topic violated the rules or was found to be lacking in quality. Ergo, it was deleted or moved.

Today the staff agreed to free the History forum from such threads in order to improve the signal to noise ratio of the forum. The following topics were purged today:
Thread:Policy proposals for the History Forum
Reasons:Unnecessary nowadays, besides there is always the danger that a literacy-challenged individual might confuse them for the rules.

Thread:Stalin's Sons are a Chip off the Old Block !RAR!
Reasons: Worthless rar idiocy.

Thread:RAR! Texas doesn't join the CSA
Reasons: Worthless rar idiocy.

Thread:HBO historical drama RAR
Reasons: Fictional characters get tossed into Roman Europe. Any questions?

Thread:Who is the greatest general throughout history?
Reasons: A huge pile of stupid.

Thread:Hitler only had one ball.
Reasons:The sun is not a source for historical information.

Thread:Bigger oil tankers.
Reasons:While not a bad thread, the staff felt it would be better to move it to SLAM.

Thread:Welcome to the History Forum
Reasons: The thread was found to be lacking in content.

Thread:RAR! France takes Quebec
Reasons: RAR. Besides, a historical impossibility and the thread did not yield any results.

Thread:(RAR!) History what if....This is a history What if. dies.
Reasons: Just look at the thread title.

Thread: Poland are WWII Antagonists! (RAR!)
Reasons: A huge affront to anybody with a knowledge of WWII history. Plus a blatant violation of the rules.
May this be a warning to anyone who fails to abide by the rules.

The Staff
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: What happened to my topic?

Post by Thanas »

The following topics were removed today according to the will of the moderating staff:
Thread: Archers in warfare - Hit rate
Reason: A waste of space that had a stupid premise to boot.

Thread:Von Schlieffen plan works
Reasons: OP assumes Schlieffen plan works because suddenly the Belgians are all cowards and run in the face of the invincible Prussian army (tm). At the same time, the french capitulate because they too can't stand Germans ravaging their countryside, when they fought a war in that countryside for over four years. And the germans suddenly get wunder logistics and manage to capture Paris before the French can mount a serious defense (and the french leadership is too stupid to get out of Paris).

Thread: Guys, it has been fun.
Reason: April Fool's joke that has run its course.

Thread: Real world ramifacations of preventing JFK assasination
Reason: Content of the thread can be summed up with the words "I think".
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs