Presidents in Congress Trivia Question

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Slacker
Jedi Knight

Presidents in Congress Trivia Question

Post by Slacker »

First, for the interests of honesty, this is for an extra credit question on a midterm I've got. I've looked all over Wikipedia and various books, and been unable to find an answer, so I turn to you, the SDN population at large.

There have been two Presidents who ran against each other for the same seat in Congress. I need to know who they are. I'm sure this is one of those trivia pursuit sort of questions someone's had in the past, and would remember. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Re: Presidents in Congress Trivia Question

Post by Samuel »

What is the exact wording? It could mean Lincoln vs Douglas, but that wouldn't be two presidents running against each other.

One moment.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

I couldn't find anything else. I think it is Lincoln and Douglas. They fought over the Senate seat and they fought over the Presidency. He was the Democratic candidate in 1860.
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, the only thing was he implied it was two presidents, not two people who ran for president.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

Apparently Madison and Monroe ran against each other.