Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, etc.

HIST: Discussions about the last 4000 years of history, give or take a few days.

Moderator: K. A. Pital

Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

My knowledge of NJO is limited, but wouldn't the Vong invasion be a case where one side went all out while the other thought it was in a limited war?
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Setzer wrote:My knowledge of NJO is limited, but wouldn't the Vong invasion be a case where one side went all out while the other thought it was in a limited war?
Depends on how you define "small" wars. But I would leave that to the experts in modern day doctrine.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mike, her'es something I just found in a brief article on Scadian warfare: "Thirty-Six Strategies of the Senryaku"

Unlike "The Art of War" or "The Book of Five Rings", the Senryaku have no clearly definable origin, but the first literary refernce to them is in the seventh volume of "The Book of Qi" ("The Biography of Wang Jingze"), from the Sixth Cent. C.E.

On Wiki
Another source
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet