70,000 Australian 'Scientists' speak out against ID.

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

That's because nobody cares about our national anthem, dearie. :P

How long ago were you in Adelaide? Glenelg's been steadily getting trendier and trendier in the last few years, with the natural consequence that it's now much more lively than it used to be (especially with trendy young people), although I guess it used to be pretty lively anyway.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Lusankya wrote:That's because nobody cares about our national anthem, dearie. :P

How long ago were you in Adelaide?
1984-1992 (Glenelg for the 1st 2 years, then elsewhere in Adelaide). Been in Perth since 1992.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
defanatic
Jedi Knight

Post by defanatic »

Stark wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
defanatic wrote:Co incidentally (I also live in Australia), there is a place called Garden City near where I live (nicknamed Garbo for some reason or other), and right next to that there is a fundamentalist church and youth group. They're also starting a new one for people under twelve. Urgh. I went there a few times, to meet some people.
One youth pastor actually quoted Kent Hovind. :evil:
Garden City, Kotara?

If that is the correct GC, where is that school relative to the centre? I don't recall seeing it, and might get a peek this weekend.
Unless there's a massive cultural coincidence at work, he's talking about Garden City the shopping mall in Mt Gravatt, Brisbane. But hey, my hometown (Christchurch) is 'The Garden City', so who knows?
This is hilarious. I'm actually talking about Garden City in Perth (WA).
>>Your head hurts.

>>Quaff painkillers

>>Your head no longer hurts.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Is this limited to Australia? Are we buried beneath a tide of Garden Cities with nearby fundamentalist churches? Are they all owned by Westfield? It boggles the mind. :)
defanatic
Jedi Knight

Post by defanatic »

Shockin'

The one near me is not owned by Westfield. It seems like a popular name though. Also, I'm going to Brisbane in december. Don't hurt me.
>>Your head hurts.

>>Quaff painkillers

>>Your head no longer hurts.