Interesting Website about Movies and Physics

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Interesting Website about Movies and Physics

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I think this is the proper place for this post. In today's San Jose Mercury News they they had a mini article on this website. I think a lot of the people on this site would enjoy it.

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/
oberon
Padawan Learner

Post by oberon »

Good one. The part about jumping through windows reminded me of a guy I knew who got thrown through the window of a 7-11. Sliced off his foot.
What a world, what a world! Who would have thought that a little girl could destroy my wickedness?
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Interesting Website about Movies and Physics

Post by Eleas »

"I think this is the proper place for this post. In today's San Jose Mercury News they they had a mini article on this website. I think a lot of the people on this site would enjoy it."

Fun page, even if it was short. Though I find their analysis of TPM to be a bit... silly. Why automatically assume the Gungan underwater shield has to be keyed to the composition of the target?
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

The site is very biased towards pro-Trek and anti-SW viewpoints. They seem to think ST is infallible. When ST makes a mistake such as sound in space, they comment "Even Star Trek..." as if Star Trek is remotely scientifically accurate. Then, they mock TPM even though an investigation into the official material or SWTC would have invalidated some of their comments, meanwhile there is not a single Trek film on their page. They also call those who explain how SW tech works "Star Wars apologists."
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

The part about jumping through windows reminded me of a guy I knew who got thrown through the window of a 7-11. Sliced off his foot.
Similar to a guy I knew, who (in a acid-induced frenzy) punched through a window. He needed like fifty stitches on his hand...
The Great and Malignant