This looks fishy. What's wrong with this "clinical tria

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Justforfun000
Sith Devotee

This looks fishy. What's wrong with this "clinical tria

Post by Justforfun000 »

You have to realize that most Christian "moral values" behaviour is not really about "protecting" anyone; it's about their desire to send a continual stream of messages of condemnation towards people whose existence offends them. - Darth Wong alias Mike Wong

"There is nothing wrong with being ignorant. However, there is something very wrong with not choosing to exchange ignorance for knowledge when the opportunity presents itself."
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I don't have to read all that to shout out "BULLSHIT" in a very high and annoying tone.

The use of growth hormones as anti-ageing treatments is generally frowned upon in the scientific community, plus they are not perfect since ageing is a problem at the genetic level. Oil of Olay and all those Body Shop brands only help you look somewhat younger on the skin, inside you still age and not even plastic surgery can help.

Gene therapy is the key, but it isn't easy and I wouldn't be a subject of such techniques now even if they paid me.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I saw the site and decided it was not worth exposing my mind to such crap.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Oh, great another miracle product! :roll:

They performed tests on 94 persons. 94? What the... And where are the placebos? Imagine, trying to find a AIDS vaccine with only 94 test subjects.
Summary

This data was carried out with 94 male and female volunteers to evaluate quantitatively that the secretion of HGH following stimulation by an oral anti-aging product to increase the IGF-1 levels resulted in showing that an oral administration can provoke a release of pituitary somatotropin. This phenomenon was reproducible and the growth hormone secreted in response to this stimulation had biological activity.
Well, no shit! People swallowed a pill containing a chemical that increases hormone production, and hey, the results shown they have an increased hormonal production! Incredible! What a great day for science! [/sarcasm mode]
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Far too small trial base.

Flawed assumptions as to what was actually the cause of any change in the persons body aging.

Biggest one, the trial ran for how long? Certainly not long enough for them to determine that this shit has any effect.