Chaos Math?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Shrykull
Jedi Master

Chaos Math?

Post by Shrykull »

Is there some kind of math beyond Calculus which deals with quantum particles in physics called Madelbrot? I've only heard about it once from someone, I don't think he was lying though, anyone know what it is?
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Re: Chaos Math?

Post by neoolong »

Shrykull wrote:Is there some kind of math beyond Calculus which deals with quantum particles in physics called Madelbrot? I've only heard about it once from someone, I don't think he was lying though, anyone know what it is?
The Mandlebrot Set? It's about iteration and stuff like that. I don't remember much beyond that. You can run a search on the Net.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

AFAIK chaos math and quantum anything are two seperate things. quantum physics is about randomness (wave collapse and such) with no predictability, whereas chaos math is about numbers changing in unexpected yet entirely predictable and enormously complex ways (strange attractors and such).

for instance, there are certain equations where if you pick a any given number and plug it into the variable of the equation, solve it, the plug the answer into the variable (repeat over and over) the answer will cycle around 1, 2 4, 8 16, 32 etc numbers. the equation, at some point, breaks off (at a certain starting number) and there will be no apparent rhyme or reason to the output numbers.

in a (quantum) world where you exist and dont exist simultaneously and can be in multiple places at once, chaos math has little relevance. i would think.
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.