Why don't all missionaries just fucking die?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Zero132132 wrote:No, for now, he will believe that we're the ones at fault. The important thing is, deep down, he's questioning. That's why we'll win eventually... because we're right.
You may be right, unless he is a true believer. Then we really never had a chance in the first place. But since he was actually examining evidence, there's an ultra thin slim chance of hope that he will change.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Darth Wong wrote:I can't believe these mountains of apologist tripe that Servo is spouting. I expect that kind of idiotic bullfuckery from Terr Fangbite, but I never thought Servo was this bad.
You're right Mike. I don't know what came over me last week. I read my posts and I see myself talking like my YEC father.

I concede that there is as much evidence for the Book of Mormon as there is for the great flood, the resurrection of Jesus, and God himself.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Servo, I thought I had lost some respect for you, but you just earned it all back, with interest. *gives you a handshake*
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Darth Servo wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:You're right Mike. I don't know what came over me last week. I read my posts and I see myself talking like my YEC father.
From reading that, and since 'Servo' was talking to 'Mike', I just spaced out and had an MST3K flashback for about twenty seconds before snapping out of it.

But yeah. If you buy mormonism, you're more far gone than most other fundies.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Thank you, Darth Servo. That was a debate end in good taste.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Guardsman Bass wrote:Thank you, Darth Servo. That was a debate end in good taste.
I second him. Good to have you back with the rationalist camp.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

:shock:

How the hell did I miss this thread? I live in the middle of Mormon-dom on Earth and didn't get to partake in this. :cry: Damn it.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Okay, Servo's conceded. I'm locking this vulture-fest.

Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion