Web Related Morality

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Web Related Morality

Post by SirNitram »

If some disgruntled people from an online game formed a board simply to flame people, and they were highly offensive to someone I care about, is it wrong to initiate a one-man flamewar against the cretins? Or am I overreacting with my adrenaline?

And because I know the locals enjoy flaming people, I provide you a link. It's an EzBoard. I'm VeritasKnight.

http://pub46.ezboard.com/bblackbayoushitetalkinggroup
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I think its justified to start a flamewar in those circumstances. Just who did they attack that you know?
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Hey, the firs two posts are from the first two board members I chose for my fanfic! Neat!

Anyway, if someone forms a group for the purpose of flaming, then flaming is what they should expect in return. I see no reason not to fight their fire with your fire.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Yeah, flame the flamers in their own firepit, at least until you run out of funny pictures :)

Do you have a hosting account set up somewhere with unlimited email aliases? Might be helpful until they get smart enough to ban the domain itself...
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

What do you mean "can I"? You MUST start a flamewar. Hell, I'll help you!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

weemadando wrote:I think its justified to start a flamewar in those circumstances. Just who did they attack that you know?
My girlfriend, with highly offensive images. The images have been removed from Angelcities.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

SirNitram wrote:
weemadando wrote:I think its justified to start a flamewar in those circumstances. Just who did they attack that you know?
My girlfriend, with highly offensive images. The images have been removed from Angelcities.
EXTERMINATE!!!
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Drewcifer wrote:Yeah, flame the flamers in their own firepit, at least until you run out of funny pictures :)

Do you have a hosting account set up somewhere with unlimited email aliases? Might be helpful until they get smart enough to ban the domain itself...
It's better than that. I use AOL. They use AOL. They are computer ignorant.

At the peak of it all, I'll dare them to ban me.

Guess what happens when they ban AOL?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Flame on!

I'm not sure which is the smallest in numerical value: their IQs, their ages, or their shoe sizes.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

SirNitram wrote:
Drewcifer wrote:Yeah, flame the flamers in their own firepit, at least until you run out of funny pictures :)

ooo smooth like butter and cold like ice 8)
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

SirNitram wrote:

Good lord man! You must! What delicious revenge, poetic justice in the extreme.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The Dark wrote:Flame on!

I'm not sure which is the smallest in numerical value: their IQs, their ages, or their shoe sizes.
Their dick lengths. :twisted:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I tried to spam them to oblivion, but then a mod came along.

DARN!

Here's what it looked like http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/fgalkin ... ussion.htm
Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

That sucks. They should be flamed till their computers melt. And other things get hot.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Well, yes, they actually figured out how to delete posts and ban single users(Amusingly, the thread I was so pissed about got caught in the carnage). Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep flaming them every day or so, until I figure it's enough. Given an EzBoard account takes all of five minutes to make, and most of it is waiting for the email, well...

But again, thanks.

nechronius
Youngling

Post by nechronius »

Waste of Time. They are beneath consideration or even contempt. That board amounts to the scrawling on a bathroom stall at a rest stop between barstow and bakersfield.
Kicking dumb asses since 1974