Confrontation with Robert Lee of tencommandments.org

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Confrontation with Robert Lee of tencommandments.org

Post by PeZook »

Well, today, as of the hour 21:15 (GMT+1), I have sent an e-mail to the author of a moronic creationist website, which will hopefully lure him into a debate. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you informed if he sends any reply 8)

The e-mail concerned his distorted views of atheism presented in the collection of his "articles" on atheism and atheists.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I frankly don't see what you hope to gain here. He'll probably just say you're going to hell.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

It may be, but after reading his drivel I simply couldn't resist and had to at least TRY to confront him about his beliefs.

Besides, I had nothing better to do, so I might just as well try to become a veteran member of the board ;)
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

He has a lot of lies on his site. First, tell him that whenever you have the Bible as the untimate law, and execute anyone who defies it, you get a police state, and no scientific advancement, like back in the Dark Ages.

Then, debunk his "Exposing the Athiest" essays, saying that there is no link between Atheism and violent crime, Atheists have lower divorce rates than Christian, and how Atheists aren't the ones who killed millions in the name of their faith.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Confrontation with Robert Lee of tencommandments.org

Post by Alyeska »

PeZook wrote:Well, today, as of the hour 21:15 (GMT+1), I have sent an e-mail to the author of a moronic creationist website, which will hopefully lure him into a debate. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you informed if he sends any reply 8)

The e-mail concerned his distorted views of atheism presented in the collection of his "articles" on atheism and atheists.
Good luck. He claims that he is always right and he has no reason to debate people who refuse to see reality.

According to him Atheists, Agnostics, and non Christians believe reality does NOT exist. He has decided that he doesn't need to try and prove reality to people who refuse to see the obvious.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."

In the debate, expect him to have a strong wall of ignorance, and little cooperation. If he feels threatened, he'll just delete your messages. After all, he doesn't want logic interfering with his .

Still, I'm sure you can take him on.
data_link
Jedi Master

Post by data_link »

This guys IWoI is at least 3 RSA. Are you really sure you want to waste time on him, or do you actually enjoy banging your head against a wall of ignorance?
data_link has resigned from the board after proving himself to be a relentless strawman-using asshole in this thread and being too much of a pussy to deal with the inevitable flames. Buh-bye.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

data_link wrote:This guys IWoI is at least 3 RSA. Are you really sure you want to waste time on him, or do you actually enjoy banging your head against a wall of ignorance?
Might want to change that to trying to pound a rock with a sledge hammer. Might be pointless without a lot of time and effort, but a few quick swings feel just fine because your bashing something hard with a hammer. :)
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Dralan
Youngling

Post by Dralan »

I doubt that you will get much out of a debate with him except for an gigantic wall of ignorance, but I still wish you the best of luck.

Go kick him where it hurts.... :twisted:
Violets are red and roses are blue, if you open up photoshop and fuck with the hue!

"Killboy. 35 missions flown, 35 replacement Fighta-Bommerz, an' 35 major bionik surgery procedures.
67 Konfirmed kills, includin' 43 actually belongin' to the enemy--
'E may 'ave been a total madboy, but 'e knew 'ow to get the job done."

~Kommander Uzgob (AKA "Maverork"), Deff Skwadron.
data_link
Jedi Master

Post by data_link »

Dralan wrote:I doubt that you will get much out of a debate with him except for an gigantic wall of ignorance, but I still wish you the best of luck.

Go kick him where it hurts.... :twisted:
That would be impossible, as he doesn't have any... :twisted:
data_link has resigned from the board after proving himself to be a relentless strawman-using asshole in this thread and being too much of a pussy to deal with the inevitable flames. Buh-bye.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Is it just me, or is everyone here debate-happy?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Durandal wrote:Is it just me, or is everyone here debate-happy?
Care to back that statement up?

Totally kidding :D
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Dralan
Youngling

Post by Dralan »

That would be impossible, as he doesn't have any...
Even hard core fundies has one or two spots that you can hurt. You know that you have found them when their wall of ignorance suddenly gets 20 floors higher and they "refuse" to debate you anymore since they "KNOW" that they are correct in their belief and you are just a silly misunderstood brat... :) [/quote]
Violets are red and roses are blue, if you open up photoshop and fuck with the hue!

"Killboy. 35 missions flown, 35 replacement Fighta-Bommerz, an' 35 major bionik surgery procedures.
67 Konfirmed kills, includin' 43 actually belongin' to the enemy--
'E may 'ave been a total madboy, but 'e knew 'ow to get the job done."

~Kommander Uzgob (AKA "Maverork"), Deff Skwadron.
data_link
Jedi Master

Post by data_link »

Dralan wrote:
That would be impossible, as he doesn't have any...
Even hard core fundies has one or two spots that you can hurt. You know that you have found them when their wall of ignorance suddenly gets 20 floors higher and they "refuse" to debate you anymore since they "KNOW" that they are correct in their belief and you are just a silly misunderstood brat... :)
You said to kick them where it hurts... I assumed you were saying that in the physical sense. And I reiterate: he does not have any.[size=0]balls[/size]
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I called him silly and childish in an e-mail. He said I was a moral criminal and going to hell.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I sent him an email about 6 MONTHS AGO. i haven't heard shit from him. He's just another fundie who won't debate the "heathens"
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Wow, what a response :)

It's good to know that you wish me the best of luck. I tried my best to pick up and identify every one of his logical fallacies...as a matter of fact, the more recent his srticles were, the more fallacies they contained. In the end, his writing degenerated into one giant fallacy...

Still haven't heard of him, but it's only been nine hours or so.

Gotta go to class now. I'll be back home at the evening...we'll see if it develops into anything else then.

Cheers,

PeZook

If he won't debate with a "heathen", then say you're not one. But, of course, onle he and the other 5 people he knows aren't heathens.

Perhaps if he gots a lot of challenges for debate, maybe he'll have no choice but to accept one of the challenges, and one lucky person will attempt to break his wall of ignorance.