A Worthy Opponent for "Evolutionists"?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Cromag
Padawan Learner

Post by Cromag »

:idea: :arrow: Wonder what he would think of the idea of publishing a book with a whole bunch of short, single topic debates then? Something of a collection of essays culled from Internet exchanges about the issue? Kind of an interesting premise, don't you think? How both sides of the issue now have this incredible tool to disseminate their views?

Or has this already been done to death? :?:
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?" -- Chris Knight, Real Genius
data_link
Jedi Master

Post by data_link »

Why not just publish a book containing all the debates on SD.net?
data_link has resigned from the board after proving himself to be a relentless strawman-using asshole in this thread and being too much of a pussy to deal with the inevitable flames. Buh-bye.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

data_link wrote:Why not just publish a book containing all the debates on SD.net?
Way too much perversion and profanity. Oh, and anal sex. :twisted:
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

He'd probably end the debate saying that both sides have evidence that supports both of their sides ( his evidence being that you can't explain all the unanswered questions of the universe which he would attribute to the existence of God) and saying something like that he has shown that creationism is not unscientific and could hold its own.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Darth Wong wrote:Besides, I suspect he would summarily refuse to debate me because I'm not a PhD.
And he would do that because no PhD would give him the time of day, and he knows that the only way to get recognition is to debate a PhD. Either way he wins because no one will or can debate him by his own criteria.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Wong; "Powerful you have become (name) but the idiot side I sense in you."

(name); "I have become more powerful than any evoloutionist"

How long till wong resorts to his lightsabre skills?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth