Did the debates actually happen

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Did the debates actually happen

Post by weemadando »

Or did the CW.org people run screaming over the horizon before the blinding fire of logic?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

*blinks* I missed something didn't I?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

http://www.creationweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=307

That one got his ass kicked into next year. :twisted:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Attempts to address the actual question - 0
Incorrect definitions of Evoloution - 2
Wildly off topic claims regarding Christinaity and Science - at least 1
Hypocritical statemets - at least 1
Prayers for removal of choice from the world - 1
Claims to know who shot Kennedy, and therefore witholding evidence from the law enforcement authorities - 1

BZZZTTTT Try again.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I can't even read it. Can someone post it?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

[Bugs Bunny] What a maroon! [/Bugs Bunny] The more I read, the less sense he made.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

What that idiot i posted. Just skip to the last post
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

NecronLord wrote:What that idiot i posted. Just skip to the last post
Any chance of posting the posts here? I can't read it. (On the IP banned comp and the comp lab's full).
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

So basically the debate that DID happen was a farce, and even with that we kicked their asses to Hell... Figures. I H8 fundys...
Image Image
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

So far if we claim anything they yell: Prove it! Prove it!

And of course if we reply: Prove that the Bible is true or God exists, they just use circular logic!

NecronLord, if you argue with them just say this; The Bible says pi=3. Pi is not equal to 3 therefore, the Bible isn't acurate, therefore creationism isn't real!
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

righo then Ver
NecronLord wrote:
fox1712 wrote:Necro lord [gack!! ~ me]

My point exactly! But at least creation is not placed in science text as a science. But I cannot understand why you evolution is in the text when it is also a religion.
Absoloute nonsense, name me someone who worships evoloution.

Slothful assertion-good onya! you may need to clarify what you mean. and what about worldview? Everyone has a worldview how do operate?
My 'worldview' is acomplete unknown to you.

I think you may need to look at your history on modern science. I don't know about religion, but it is christianity that brought about modern science- Unless you could explain how humanisim could have an effect on modern science.
Excuse me? "Christianity brought about modern science." HOW??

You may need to read my response to Yogi-its part of my justification

Why I believe in creation? What is my altenative? I can choose to believe a group of humanistic scientist
A group of scientists

who tell me that they have an answer for the beginning of the universe that may have occurred 5 billion, 10 billion, 45 billion and now contracting and expanding for infinity (although infinity cannot exist in the real time and space-infinty is a concept) yet can not tell me precisely who killed Kennedy 40 to 50 years ago.
An I suppose your local minister can :roll: . If he can then I hope he has reported it to the police.

On top of that I am to believe that there was nothing and this nothing exploded and here I am today.
As opposed to "a big man with a beard, who is really great by the way" spoke and the universe was created"
By the way I take it you don't know the difference between Evoloution and the big bang?

Not only that, but all the living things I see today came from a rock?!
And you refer, I presume to the supposed meteorite from mars.
You again clearly do not know what evoloution is.

If it is not bad enough that it is unproven or logical or rational
Far more Logical and Rational than "God" Oh by the way, nothing is ever proven in science.

- I have to take this theory and try to understand why from a non living material,
As opposed to god made us from dust. Either way, logic or superstition, that is still true.

man can communicate, laugh, cry, relate, etc. amazing model you got there. It answers all the questions that man need to know.I havent seen a rock crack a joke yet-have you?

Or I can believe in a creator- from the evidence that I see around me like myself, all the physical things I can confidently say that that they ALL derived from something other than themselves or myself and arrive at a reasonable assumption that if the universe is physical then possibly it was created and from the evidence I have it did not create itself. Maybe you know someone who has created themselves or were once nothing and now is something- you should ask to see their belly button to confirm whether it is true.
you win the award for dancing as far as possible from any sembelnce of a point, congratulations.

I would dare say that the throughout history of modern science there are christian scientist who have done research to try to understand the universe-is that what you mean? Or you mean men who go out looking for evidence to support a already decided conclusion.
Such as yourself, and every other creationist.

Like men who go out searching for the missing link and finding it. Or like men who act like some accountants who conjure up profit figures and magically find revenue and expenses that match?
If Revenue = Costs then Profit = 0 not only are you dancing around off topic, you are spouting nonsense

You see christianity is a religion and so is all your evolution thory other than micro(which is not a change from one kind to another).
Please define religion.

Maybe God being omnipotent can wipe out all your free thinking and choice and do so with everyone else and we will definitely have a great world-oh the joy.
Is this an attempt at sarcasm?

God Bless
So to summarise

Attempts to address the actual question - 0
Incorrect definitions of Evoloution - 2
Wildly off topic claims regarding Christinaity and Science - at least 1
Hypocritical statemets - at least 1
Prayers for removal of choice from the world - 1
Claims to know who shot Kennedy, and therefore witholding evidence from the law enforcement authorities - 1

BZZZTTTT Try again.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

:roll: Safe to say Concession Accepted, IMO...
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I want an ATJ award. Surely this is something. :D
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

NecronLord wrote:I want an ATJ award. Surely this is something. :D
*sigh* Yes people, at some point there will be an awards ceremony post in the tradition of ASVS's GSDA ceremonies.

PM me your requests for awards and titles. I'll consider them with a jury (likely to be Yosemite, Verilon and Coyote), then soon we will have a gala awards dinner.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

We'll wait until he concedes. That's when the debate is over for me.

With all the logic opposing people like him, I'm supreised boards like CreationWeb exist.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

He ran away, isn't that enough, he'll never conceed, he'll just run.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I'll drink to that, WeeMadAndo.

As for the Formal Debate, so far I have heard nothing from them! They never once backed down fromtheir statement that the entire field of Logic was a valid point of debate. I posted the guy's e-mail, I don't know if you or Durandal ever stared anything up. But their adamant refusal to narrow the topic kinda negated the whole thing.

I'll go check 'em out, see what's up...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!