Preventing Sexual Release For Religious Reasons

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Preventing Sexual Release For Religious Reasons

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

We all are somewhat familiar with this Old Testament verse:
Genesis 38:3-10: "So [Shua, the wife of Judah] conceived and bore a son, and [Judah] called his name Er. She conceived again and bore a son, and she called his name Onan. . . . Then Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD killed him. And Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife and marry her, and raise up an heir to your brother." But Onan knew that the heir would not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in to his brother's wife, that he emitted on the ground, lest he should give an heir to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD; therefore He killed him also."
This verse has been misconstrued to say that masturbation is a sin. Three Points: Firstly, the verse was never meant to condemn masturbation, just condemn not conceiving a baby with your dead brother's wife. Secondly, this verse is in the Old Testament, making it moot after Jesus's desth and resurrection. Thirdly, it once again proves that god (little g, he sure as fuck ain't MY god!!!) is a bloodthirsty psychopathic barbarian.
Which leads to the Main Topic. I believe that it is profoundly cruel, unnatural, inhumane, and morally reprehensible to forcibly deny a person the natural function of sexual gratification. The only workable method used to that end is a device commonly known as a chastity belt. Sometimes these devices are self-applied in the misguided belief that orgasm distracts the mind from attaining God/Nirvana/etc., notable examples are Hindu clerics. This self-imposed chastity I have no qualms about. But it seems that MOST of the time these devices are used on people against their will, mostly minors being raised in a strict Christian setting. I believe that forcing this on anyone should be condemned in the strongest terms available. Here's a link to Portal of Evil's search page (search for the term "chastity"). http://www.portalofevil.com/search.php My apologies for the unusual source, but it should give you an idea of how cruel these Fundies can get. More practical concerns are that these devices can lead to irritation and infection of sensitive tissues, plus it will hinder any doctor treatments of the groin area. In all, no one should presume to have the right to do this to anyone else. If any Fundies see this and try the standard fallacious rebuttal of "it is God's Will," they are wrong. It is NOT God's Will to inflict needless suffering on another Child of the Universe!
Image Image
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Mods! I accidentally posted this in the OT by mistake. Please move this to the SLAM forum. Thank you.
Image Image
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Perhaps God really is a cruel, demanding God. Why do we always have to assume that God is the kind, benevolent God depicted in New Testament texts?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

This is up there with the bullshit practised by other religions. :evil:

Anything to save your soul, eh?!! :twisted:

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

This reminds me of the Family Guy episode where the museum curator told him that the dinosaurs disappeared becasue "you touch yourself at night"
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Mr. B wrote:This reminds me of the Family Guy episode where the museum curator told him that the dinosaurs disappeared becasue "you touch yourself at night"
"Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten..." :P

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hehe
"I don't believe in fairies"
*Claps Hands*

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Shinova wrote:Perhaps God really is a cruel, demanding God. Why do we always have to assume that God is the kind, benevolent God depicted in New Testament texts?
*shrug* It's more proof that God is in fact an asshole. And I don't think the NT God is much nicer either.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

EmperorMing wrote:
Mr. B wrote:This reminds me of the Family Guy episode where the museum curator told him that the dinosaurs disappeared becasue "you touch yourself at night"
"Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten..." :P
Lamo!!
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
punkgothhippie
Youngling

Post by punkgothhippie »

I've made god kill a lot of kittens!!! 8)
if you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got!!!
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

punkgothhippie wrote:I've made god kill a lot of kittens!!! 8)
I have no doubt of that.... :roll:
JADAFETWA
Blaze
Youngling

Post by Blaze »

we better not stop or will be over run by BILLIONS of kittens :shock:
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Well we can't let overpopulation cause mass extinction. We must help nature.

Remember folk:

Mother Nature wants YOU to masturbate.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Everytime I read about all of the unwanted kittens in the nation, I just smile and know that I'm doing my part. 8)
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

LMAO
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Blaze wrote:we better not stop or will be over run by BILLIONS of kittens :shock:
:twisted: mew. :twisted:

BWUAHAHAHHA!!!!!!
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

BACK, FELINE FIEND! BACK! *masturbates*

Okay, that really doesn't sound right.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Darth Yoshi wrote:BACK, FELINE FIEND! BACK! *masturbates*

WAH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Thank you Yoshi, I needed that. :lol:
JADAFETWA
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

ROFLMAO!!!!

mew. ;)
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

:shock: Erm...you're right, that really doesn't sound right. I needed something to laugh at, but I almost hurt myself on this one.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Mods! I accidentally posted this in the OT by mistake. Please move this to the SLAM forum. Thank you.
Done, but I left a shadow topic, just in case.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

The really ironic part is that I ran across this site through www.portalofevil.com
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

neoolong wrote:Well we can't let overpopulation cause mass extinction. We must help nature.

Remember folk:

Mother Nature wants YOU to masturbate.
LMAO! I'll keep that in mind. :roll:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

I'm changing my sig now.

I find it humorous how much scripture has been twisted to serve the ends of religion. That quote doesn't even explicitly mention masturbation. He could just have easily have pulled out. Well, maybe. Bah, what do I care? Yay atheism. I'm not sure of the context there, but it looks like what's actually going on there is that Onan is disobeying his father, and that's what God doesn't like.
Speaking of religious sexual repression, I've always wondered about that, but have nothing useful to contribute. I think I recall reading some comments on that in the Dune books, though. Good stuff. Anyone have anything insightful and on-topic to contribute? I'm rather interested.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Ive probably killed so many kittens that Im a three strike felon in the state of California.