NASA to refute Moon landing conspiracy theorists

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

ElBlanco
Youngling

Post by ElBlanco »

Honestly, if countless films, expert testimonial, newreels, textbooks, and tons of other things we would all consider reputable sources won't convince these people, what is one more book going to do?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Durandal wrote:
Perhaps they feel that all of the inconsistencies will cancel out if you put Bibles on top of one another, like wave superposition.
In that case, you'd have to have two identical Bibles face-to-face on each other. Unless, of course, biblical inconsistency propagates in all directions and is not a simple linear phenomenon.
[Culture Mind] The bible affects the reality skein humans percieve causing a form of mass delusion called religion [/Culture mind]
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

The guy that Aldrin clocked is (I believe) the same guy that thinks NASA killed the Apollo 1 astronauts in that fire to "silence" them about the "moon hoax" thing. That's one of the primary reasons many astronauts like Aldrin abso-fucking-lutely hate his guts. Armstrong feels pretty much the same as Aldrin about him.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Let me guess, these polls are the same polls where 44% of Americans said theta they are YEC's, and where a third thought the Bible was the literal word of God. They must poll morons.

Still, I'm sure if you present facts to the skeptics, they'll start thinking it was real. Only the staunchest conspiracy theorists will stay the same.

Buzz Aldrin has a lot of people to punch.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Rhadamanthus
Youngling

Post by Rhadamanthus »

Shinova wrote:So Buzz Aldrin, deep inside, knows he didn't land on the moon because lying while swearing on a stack of bibles is against his beliefs?

Just a thought.
Or maybe he just doesn't feel he has to prove the highest achievement of his life to some crackpot conspiracy theorist moron with such a ridiculous display?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Exactly. Aldrin doesn't think he has to swear on any amount of Bibles that he did something that is irrefutible fact.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Why doesn't NASA just point a big telescope at the Moon and go "Look. See the flag? It didn't get there by itself."
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Durandal wrote:Why doesn't NASA just point a big telescope at the Moon and go "Look. See the flag? It didn't get there by itself."
Then they would accuse of NASA painting a little flag on the telescope. :P
tharkûn
Tireless defender of wealthy businessmen

Post by tharkûn »

How about we take up that old cold war project of setting off a high yeild nuke on the moon? If you do it on the right day of the month they will have one hell of a time explaining the flash (at least I think it would be visible).
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Durandal wrote:Why doesn't NASA just point a big telescope at the Moon and go "Look. See the flag? It didn't get there by itself."
No existing telescope has the resolving power to image any of the objects (flags, probes, LEM descent stages, etc) left on the moon.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

They might as well do this now, before the Fed cuts off ALL of their money. It doesn't cost too much, either.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."