Papal Succession

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

C.S.Strowbridge wrote: Hell, if you've got enough mines you could fix all the problems with the Catholic Chuch.
"There is no problem that can't be fixed by sufficient quantities of high explosives."
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
C.S.Strowbridge wrote: Hell, if you've got enough mines you could fix all the problems with the Catholic Chuch.
First fix your own fundies. They're far worse :twisted:
Why like the Pope? Think we'll run out of landmines? :P
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

[Kent Brockman]: The Phony Pope can be identified by his high-top sneakers, and incredibly foul mouth.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Captain Lennox wrote: Why like the Pope? Think we'll run out of landmines? :P
'cause I live in a cozy little country where Evolution is taught at every schools and the evil fundies have to keep their mouth shut and behave.

Where being atheist actually is a desired quality for the presidency and other ruling bodies.

Where public speeches NEVER begin/end with "God bless bla bla, Be with God bla bla, Let's pray bla bla"

Where Asscroft is thousands of miles away. 8)

The Catholic Church simply does not bother Europeans as much as your own bothers you
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Does anyone know if the Orthodox christian churches select their pope in the same way as the roman catholics?
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Captain Lennox wrote: Why like the Pope? Think we'll run out of landmines? :P
'cause I live in a cozy little country where Evolution is taught at every schools and the evil fundies have to keep their mouth shut and behave.

Where being atheist actually is a desired quality for the presidency and other ruling bodies.

Where public speeches NEVER begin/end with "God bless bla bla, Be with God bla bla, Let's pray bla bla"

Where Asscroft is thousands of miles away. 8)

The Catholic Church simply does not bother Europeans as much as your own bothers you
Oh, I never had a problem with Catholic hierachy in fact I never really did and evolution they let you believe what you want, thoughh Church Ladies & Fundies are a different Story. Ascroft's Gestapo is doing well hey don't make the news often enough I must really tell them too increase the genocide rate :P
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Next of Kin wrote:Does anyone know if the Orthodox christian churches select their pope in the same way as the roman catholics?
He's a patriarch (Patriarch of Constantinople) and I think he's elected by the higher ups in the Orthodox church. Used to be appointed by the Byzantine Emperor but seeing how that hasn't happened in 400 years...
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."