The Fable of the Dragon Tyrant

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, SCRawl, Thanas

FaxModem1
Sith Acolyte

The Fable of the Dragon Tyrant

Post by FaxModem1 » 2018-04-24 05:05pm

CCP Grey uploaded a new video, a telling of The Fable of the Dragon Tyrant. The text of which can also be found here.

Moral of the story: Research into stopping aging and death need to be given serious consideration.

What do you think of this fable? A few commentators noted the story is not told right, and that the dragon wouldn't be killed, only chained, and only the poor or non-powerful would be fed while the rich enjoy a dragon-free life.

What are your thoughts on both the little morality tale, and the implications of the story?

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: The Fable of the Dragon Tyrant

Post by mr friendly guy » 2018-04-24 11:53pm

Strangely enough I got the dragon as an analogy for either a force of nature or divinity, and the message I got is science fuck yeah, or more specifically science can overcome these things.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to.
Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.