A Very Cool YouTube Channel

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Jub
Sith Marauder

A Very Cool YouTube Channel

Post by Jub »

I've recently started to watch a channel created by one Isaac Arthur, this self-titled channel covers topics such as the Fermi Paradox, survival around black holes long after even the dimmest stars have spent their energy, as well as some very large scale mega projects. He does have a speech impediment but every video is subtitled and personally, I find his manner of speech relaxing to listen to.

Here's an example video related to terraforming a planet and why there is no quick or easy way to do this with current known technology:

I enjoy his content and figured I would share.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Re: A Very Cool YouTube Channel

Post by LaCroix »

Yeah, he ist quite entertaining. His section on launch loops and skyhooks is very nice, as is the one about space habitat construction.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.