Bill Nye Saves the world

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Bill Nye Saves the world

Post by PainRack »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ny ... _the_World

You're welcome.

Its.... quite weird and targeted at adults who watched the original as kids , but highly relevant. Not sure if it works though.

First episode: How to shut Bill Nye up about climate change
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Bill Nye Saves the world

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Well I just wandered home finally from being out for the Phily march for science, and I wish this well.

The damn local speeches at the event got painful really fast though, touchy feel types proclamation how 'everyone is a scientist' over and over...is so missing the fucking point. Also some really dubious unsourced numerical claims were made in certain speeches, for bonus point missing.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Bill Nye Saves the world

Post by Knife »

Meh, now I have to go find it on steaming media.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red