Watch evolution happen before your eyes

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Watch evolution happen before your eyes

Post by Zeropoint »

Creationists like to claim that you can't observe evolution happening and therefore it's not scientifically proven. Despite that being completely incorrect, we haven't had a clear and visually dramatic example of evolution in progress . . . until now.

The MEGA-plate is a two-foot by four-foot custom petri dish that makes bacterial evolution not just visible, but striking; and it creates a visual tree of life right in front of your eyes.
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Watch evolution happen before your eyes

Post by mr friendly guy »

Creationist - but that's micro evolution, duh.

Creationist who writes to my local newspaper - that's an example of natural selection, not evolution. :roll:
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Re: Watch evolution happen before your eyes

Post by Zeropoint »

In all honesty, I posted this mostly because I thought it was REALLY COOL, not because I thought it would change anyone's mind.
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.