Raising a child with anenecephaly - a Facebook blog.

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Omeganian
Jedi Knight

Raising a child with anenecephaly - a Facebook blog.

Post by Omeganian »

I realize this is hardly a matter where one can judge from a moral point of view, but I thought I'll share it.

https://www.facebook.com/ourbabyANGELA/
Q: How are children made in the TNG era Federation?

A: With power couplings. To explain, you shut down the power to the lights, and then, in the darkness, you have the usual TOS era coupling.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: Raising a child with anenecephaly - a Facebook blog.

Post by Sea Skimmer »

What about it?

You know this forum isn't a faceplant blog. Why don't you tell us WHY you posted this? You know, make a useful post with value and something to reply too instead of just random content without daring to STATE AN OPINION? I hate topics started by someone doing nothing but trying to freaking hide what they think. Either this made you think of something you could say and share, or you're some kind of bot which should be banned per board policy. It has to be one or the other, as I don't think random chance errors in fiber optic cables created this post. Seriously if we wanted facebook we could just all follow the board founder Wong onto facebook where I am told he has kept up the anti stupid crusade with equally irrelevant results.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

It's not the first time you post something without offering your own thoughts on it. If you just want to throw links at us, that's not the place.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Omeganian wrote:I realize this is hardly a matter where one can judge from a moral point of view, but I thought I'll share it.
And why can't we make moral judgements?

Oh, wait - we're not actually having a conversation here, just spamming a link. Next time bring discussion, I'll guarantee you'll get an interesting one from me on the topic.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice