Some advice please

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Tiriol
Jedi Council Member

Re: Some advice please

Post by Tiriol »

Purple wrote:A man who says that he does not put him self first, those close to him second and everyone else third is lying. That's just fact. The only question is if he is lying to us or to him self as well. The later being a real possibility in the completely likely case that he was newer placed in any situation of any significant actual problem beyond silly 1st world nonsense.
You are incapable of understanding humanity by this account, or then you are only capable of some sociopathic "understanding" in which everyone acts for their own benefit and their own benefit only. The Bible itself says something about sacrificing oneself being the greatest expression of love one can show for one's fellow man and that book (New Testament) is almost two thousand years old; and the idea of self-sacrifice is much older than that. You have NOT actually shown how your damn sociopath's idea of how a human mind works is "a fact", in fact it contradicts even fascist ideas about how humanity work or should work.

It doesn't matter if Zwinmar has "only" faced 1st world problems or has lived his entire life in a gutter in a hell-hole of a third world country run by nazi-communist rapists; you cannot deduce from that in any shape or form if he lies to himself or not. In fact, I'm more inclined to believe that YOU are lying to yourself, desparately at that, to avoid facing the harsh truth that your understanding of humanity and human mind is flawed at best. The fact that Zwinmar wrestled with the moral question that was laid out during this thread is proof enough, while you would have taken the easy, pathetic way out by being a cowardly little weasel who tries to explain his damn cowardice and selfishness by proposing archaic, tribal moral systems that would be seen as suspect even by tribal societies.

Please re-consider your moral system and stances and try to think them through again.You might actually learn something new about yourself and how human mind and humanity works and actually improve yourself.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti; beatae Mariae semper Virgini; beato Michaeli Archangelo; sanctis Apostolis, omnibus sanctis... Tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Kyrie Eleison!

The Imperial Senate (defunct) * Knights Astrum Clades * The Mess
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Update: Link the P.o.S. is in jail.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

And thus begins an eternity of internal discord in a family to pay for sending a guy to jail for half a year...
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Zwinmar wrote:Update: Link the P.o.S. is in jail.
You did the right and necessary thing. I realize it was hard, but it would've been worse if he'd been allowed to hurt any more children.
Purple wrote:And thus begins an eternity of internal discord in a family to pay for sending a guy to jail for half a year...
Any family that would hide/condone what he did deserves all the discord it gets. Maybe it will shake some sense into them, and shake them loose of the willful self delusion that they were a happy normal family.

The welfare of children should come before a comfortable fiction. I truly pity you, if you won't/can't understand that.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Upon reviewing this thread

Purple, shut the fuck up. You are dangerously close to violating the Dont Defend Child Molesters rule (if not in outright violation, that is a question I will put to the rest of the staff) by way of invoking family unity.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est