Dragon is eating the moon!

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Dragon is eating the moon!

Post by Borgholio »

Clouds parted enough tonight to catch a glimpse of the tail-end of the eclipse. Pretty neat. Once it passed, the moon was indeed one of the brightest I've seen in awhile. Very neat to see.

You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Dragon is eating the moon!

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Indeed. It was a glorious sight. My friends and I drove up to the Brecon Beacons to watch it since we had clear skies forecast. We were there from about 2330-0400 (the eclipse reached totality around 0300, our time) with a scope taking some pictures. Oddly enough, once it reached totality we spent most of our time imaging other stuff like M42, Andromeda and the Pleiades, because with beautiful clear skies and an effectively new moon it was perfect conditions.

And oh the Milky Way was stupendous! Even to my screwed up eyes it was a magnificent sight arcing across the sky.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Despite forecasts for clear skies, clouds rolled in the moment the Eclipse started and I didn't see anything all night lol
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

I tried to catch a glimpse while I was making my delivery rounds, but there were too many buildings in the way. Guess I'll have to wait until 2033.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Thick cloud cover all night, here. :(