Energy consumption of the us

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

dragon
Sith Marauder

Energy consumption of the us

Post by dragon »

Holy crap I knew it was high but I had no idea it was this high.
In 2014 the total was 98,460 Trillion BTU. :shock:
link

The world energy consumption 524,076 quadrillion BTU :shock: :shock:
link
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Energy consumption of the us

Post by madd0ct0r »

yup, but per capita is a better stat.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

:banghead: Oops I messed up. The one site uses comma tand trillions the other uses a period and quadrillion. So the world total was not actually 524,076 quadrillion BTU. It's 524.076 quadrillion BTU or 524,076 trillion.

Sorry
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Seems a good place for this:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/0 ... rs-carbon/
A regional cap-and-trade program has added $1.3 billion in economic activity to nine New England and Mid-Atlantic states since 2011, while decreasing their carbon emissions by 15 percent, according to independent analysis released Tuesday.
In addition to stimulating the economy and reducing carbon, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) has also reduced the cost of electricity for consumers, saving residential, businesses, and public users $460 million, the report from the Analysis Group found
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee